You Gotta Check This Out!!

the seller isn't smoking crack, he started it at 9.95. just the dumbass bidders are.

i sold a set of saddlebags today that i figured i'd get $100-$120 for and they went for $250. people just bid some shit way up. on the other hand, i had a lightly damaged (easy fix if you can weld) Rinehart exhaust that only went for $50. the guy that won it got a killer deal ($600 or so for a new one).

delray

WOW thats crazy for a 3.5 tecumseh and just think i have about half of dozen of them just laying around date coded in the early 70's . they all need to be rebuilt. they would cost about $60 or so$$ a piece to completely rebuild them and paint them white with correct decals(without tanks,add another $45 on). maybe i need to get on the ball and sell them on ebay:doah:
and who knows what i could get for my hs-40 engines(all date coded early 70's)$$$
weird thing about? it has to be someone from here that is bidding on it. come on:doah: it's a minibike engine that they are going to use it on and they have to know about this web site and it looks like about 5 guys that are bidding? some here is laying in the weeds :anon.sml:
speak up who is it. we just want to pick on you,in a good way:thumbsup:

Oldsalt

delrey
The smart thing to do, what you are currently doing, is NOT to sell them. At least not yet, wait a few years and then we'll be seeing vintage Tec motors on eBay starting at $300. And the auction write-up will say something like: " Low reserve. Engine not frozen. Has spark. Gas tank may be wrong".

delray

your probable right oldsalt. we all kind of laugh at it now.
someday soon we may start to see them for x amount $$$.
most of my 3-4hp motors are roto tiller or snowblower engines that only been use 3-5 times a year and would be very easy to restore:thumbsup:

OK, OK, I'll admit it. I was the first bidder, but I only bid what I thought was fair, I think it was like 130 bucks or so. I was outbid in like ten minutes. I knew it would happen too. And I'm glad- just yesterday I got the exact same engine, (not NOS but close)same tank, spotless on the inside, mini throttle control etc. All for the whopping price of 25 bucks. That's more like it- 400 is just insane, new or not.:eek:ut:

OH YEAH BTW- From the same guy I also got another HS40 (snowblower motor), a set of mystery fenders, and the deal of the week: an unmolested clutch guard for my Bonanza!!! For a grand total of 20 bucks!! And the best part was, when I walked in the door, my wife says "that's a Bonanza guard".:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bonanza clutch guard and HS40 shroud

Dang, $20 for all that? which bonanza clutch guard? I have an original CR-400 that came with a very plain U shaped piece of folded sheet metal with very thin chrome. I have seen nicer Bonanza guards on other CR 400's like Injuntoms and other models, as well as $250 Repros by Dave Miller at Bonanzamini. I'm not sure which is more rare, but I know the longer one that is reproduced sure looks nicer! By the way, anyone got an HS40 old style curved white shroud similar to HS40 553178 ser 925812991? I'd like to get one for a resto as I got a running HS40 with a Craftsman shroud for $25 last summer.

It's the longer guard that is reproduced. The chrome is wasted, looks like someone cleaned it with steel wool:eek:ut: but the bolt holes are good, each with it's own 1/2 inch slight crack. Still a great deal for the price

Oldsalt

NOS on that motor is hard to come by its a 70s motor...I found a NOS 80s motor local for 80 bucks.
Hard to come by is right. 400 for a NOS motor that has been on the shelf for about 35 years is about twice what a new one is worth and there are many thousands of them [still] available. I would pay 400 for an NOS motor for my Caper Cycle built in 1962. Step up if you got one. I'm not a high roller but 400 is about 30 trips to McDonald's if you put it in the proper perspective.