Register

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    0

    Old guy with old stuff

    Bought a Flexo Scrambler - awaiting delivery now.
    I had one 9 years ago and sold it for a loss. Maybe I will be smarter this time?
    Looking for a Go Kart Cycle Greenhorn Enduro model, as I am really a Clinton guy.
    Also looking for a Bug Flea - the original model that was made from Bug Kart steering hoops!
    You may see me on kart forums - I have 4 Bug karts.

    Terry Sullivan

  2. #2
    Havasu Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Lake Havasu, AZ
    Posts
    8,236
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by scrambler1 View Post
    Bought a Flexo Scrambler - awaiting delivery now.
    I had one 9 years ago and sold it for a loss. Maybe I will be smarter this time?
    Looking for a Go Kart Cycle Greenhorn Enduro model, as I am really a Clinton guy.
    Also looking for a Bug Flea - the original model that was made from Bug Kart steering hoops!
    You may see me on kart forums - I have 4 Bug karts. Terry Sullivan
    Hello Terry. Your name seems familiar. Vintage kart site? A few of us have restored the Flexo. I sold mine a couple years ago as well.

    I am currently restoring an early Bug Flea. I am not going to hold myself to a strict restoration code as I have done in the past, so the Flea will sport some slight modifications with seat mounting, at least. Power will be A400, but with an open header pipe and other cast goodies, as well as a Tilly, and vintage go power pyramid reed set.

    I'm in need of 4" steel wheels (halves). The wheels that came with it are rough, with tapered Timken centers. Some Hands 4" would make me happy as well.

    The Bug Flea was the original MICRO bike. Those things were tiny!
    Has anybody seen the bridge?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn,Michigan
    Posts
    2,929
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    0
    Welcome to the minibike madness!

  4. #4
    Raskin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,540
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    1
    Greetings,welcome

  5. #5
    Charles S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    757
    Posts
    457
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    0
    Hello and welcome!
    "I'm not arguing; I'm merely explaining why I'm right and you're wrong."

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    0

    Bug Flea

    Dave,
    An early Flea? Like this first generation flea?
    Go Kart Co. released the Go Kart Cycle and Bug had to get something out quickly.
    Just a bunch of steering hoops from their karts!!
    Definitely on my list!

    Bug Flea.jpg

    terry

  7. #7
    Havasu Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Lake Havasu, AZ
    Posts
    8,236
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by scrambler1 View Post
    Dave, An early Flea? Like this first generation flea? Go Kart Co. released the Go Kart Cycle and Bug had to get something out quickly. Just a bunch of steering hoops from their karts!! Definitely on my list! terry
    Yes Terry, that is the one. In the brochure you posted, I note a Palmini exhaust on that Clinton. I wish there was more information on the seat. I have a couple of guesses. Definitely the design was a poor one, so on mine I will strengthen the mounting.

    Here's how I got it, and how it looks this morning. Some DOM tubing is being delivered today so I can finish the frame, and fabricate the steering and bars.



    Has anybody seen the bridge?

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    0

    flea

    Dave,
    You are on your way! I don't even have one!
    I will have the Scrambler, but I really wanted a Greenhorn Enduro with a Clinton.
    Maybe I can trade for one some day.
    I may have to make a copy of the Flea, as you are the only person I know that has one!
    Are the 'hoops' all the same diameter? I am just guessing that Bug pulled kart hoops of the shelf and made the first Flea?
    I think this picture also came from OMB.
    Terryflea photo[1].JPG

  9. #9
    Havasu Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Lake Havasu, AZ
    Posts
    8,236
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by scrambler1 View Post
    Dave,
    You are on your way! I don't even have one!
    I will have the Scrambler, but I really wanted a Greenhorn Enduro with a Clinton.
    Maybe I can trade for one some day.
    I may have to make a copy of the Flea, as you are the only person I know that has one!
    Are the 'hoops' all the same diameter? I am just guessing that Bug pulled kart hoops of the shelf and made the first Flea?
    I think this picture also came from OMB.
    There is a section here somewhere for the Greenhorns, Flexo's and Bugs, but the change in photo hosting sites has removed many photos.

    By the way, they advertised that Flea as running 40 MPH. LOL. No thanks.

    Yes, all of the hoops are the same size, as far as radius, and it stands to reason they'd have grabbed a couple of steering hoops to make a bike. Of course even in their small production run, it's hard to imagine them having 50 extra steering hoops laying around to use in Flea production.

    I understand about making a copy of the bike. That was going to be my plan as well, and generally when I have found the real old bikes, I end up having to fabricate several frame pieces anyway, not to mention running gear, etc. The bike I am working on is nearly 60 years old, so we're bound to have to replace a few pieces.
    Has anybody seen the bridge?

  10. #10
    CarPlayLB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    5,819
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    0
    Hi Terry...welcome to the "other" side! this is Eric...ya know, the gasket man!
    as you know, I am SoCal. If I can do anything for you, please let me know!

  11. Thanks chipper thanked for this post
 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •