Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

So how many wheels would you expect to recieve when you buy a "Set" of wheels?

I thought it would be two but it was just one, seller said he had a "set" of Manco 6" wheels photos show 4 halves but he shipped me one wheel only. Member JohnC here or John Cokinos on facebook is the seller. He refuses to refund 50% of the purchase price because he insists there was only one wheel advertised so I took it to a paypal dispute and it's pending. Simple Tom even weighed in saying he agreed that the ad was misleading. I told him I wasn't shipping a damn thing back, he wanted me to send it back in the condition it arrived in and he'd refung me the full amount less half the shipping on which he spent too much the box was large enough for 6 wheel halves and it looked like a 5yo packed it. He claims to have this stellar reputation and what really cracked me up was he said he knew more about minibikes than me. I'd venture to say there are a handful of members here that do but he's certainly not among them. He sent me a photo at 2am showing him and his girl spending my $75 like an arrogant assclown, he thought that would impress me. I'm fairly sure this clown lives at home with mom, paypal account not even in his name that says a lot. Anyway he's gone off the deep end but then I have that effect on people especially idiots who think they have jokes and words, as many of you know I'm a prolific wordsmith. You can see the ad on the facebook page Minibike Parts Only. Here is the ad the photos and text. Tell me what you think, how many wheels would you have expected to get and forget the price because I buy things super cheap all the time. I just wanted everyone to know what kind of a person this guy was. He said I looked like a broke ass MFer little does he know I'm quite the opposite, I told him I retired at 40 and play all day while his girl worked and he did some menial job for little pay. He said proudly that he made $18.75 an hour as a telemarketer, can I call em or what? Unskilled work for less than I made in the 80s wrenching at the Chevrolet Dealership at 18yrs of age, and he was bragging. So everyone tell me how many wheels would you have expected to get after reading the text and looking at the photos in the ad?

"It seems that for success in science or art, a dash of Autism is essential."
    Hans Asperger

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Looks like 4 halves or 2 complete rims to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Deceptive advertising. A set of wheels is 2 wheels not 2 half rims. He knows what he did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    I saw the ad on FB and stopped reading when it said make an offer. I donít know this guy from a can of paint so I canít speak of his character. I know his father bought a bike or two from members here with no issues but thatís it. Hopefully he does the right thing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bye Felicia!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    I also agree very misleading. He should of specified that he was just selling 2 wheel 1/2's which makes 1 complete wheel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    John C, make it right. Ad is misleading.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Well John did the right thing, I hated to have to put so much pressure on the youngster but I won't take a pokin' not ever. Yes I'm a hard man, I make no apologies for that it's gotten me a long way in life and helped me to survive a lot of things. Right it right, I'm glad this young man did what was right so I didn't have to further tarnish his otherwise stellar reputation. Yeah that was sarcasm, anyway it's over and I'll use the one 6" wheel with an odd 5" one to make a staggered set for a particular minibike I have in mind. Thanks to all who replied, I knew this community would see the errors he made and call him on it. I'm sure this thread made all the difference, that or my words which seem to have power too. Ether way I'm good, with shipping the guy sold the wheel to me for $37.50 which to me seems fair enough but it would have been way less shipping had he done it right. That and he has other items for sale and would have been unable to sell them through paypal until the resolution. Again thanks to everyone!
    "It seems that for success in science or art, a dash of Autism is essential."
    Hans Asperger

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    I'm glad it all worked out.
    "CLONANZA CLAN"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Late to the party.
    Reputation and respect are tough to get and easy to loose.

10. Thanks manchester1 thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Nope, Johnc just contacted Pay Pal and got it reversed.
    The General Appliance Alliance

WWW.MINIBIKEMANIAC.COM Mini Bike Maniac T-Shirts and Decals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast