Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    I will say if you're running a stocker(mostly) of modest hp i see no reason to not buy a inexpensive clutch.I've bought 2 pack clutches on ebay and they seem to last as long as expensive ones..I've really never had ones shoes go bad..i kill clutches by brapping around that ruins the bell where teeth connect the clutch halves together.. Yeah if you're running 10+ hp then get a badass clutch..my opinion..clutch covers also cheap on ebay..mostly has to do if you want full cover or open type. I think these are nice full cover ..read predator as standard clone engs..same.. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Manco-Mini-...4AAOSw6dNWS5CY
    Last edited by Raskin; 11-07-2017 at 11:46 AM.
    The Trailmaster 200-2 mini bike is great for offroading and is an absolute blast to ride with low pressure tires for a smooth ride and a CVT drive system.It's made for adventurers and explorers who want to go their own path.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Raskin View Post
    Was meant to be then..i like the blue..I'm not sure on those but believe the oil sensor will have to be bypassed coz the movement of a minibike will make it cut out....post progress..
    We never had to do that on our bikes that had HF engines.
    Michael

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekS View Post
    Next big question:
    I am looking for a good quality 12T centrifugal clutch for a 208cc (7hp - 9.21 ft-lb) with a 3/4" shaft...
    There seems to be a ton of them on ebay but, I am skeptical about the over-seas clutches
    ANY advise, suggestions or tips on a make/manufacture would be appreciated.
    Also, looking for a pre-fabbed clutch cover...steel or plastic. I am trying to avoid fabbing one up from scratch.
    ThanksDerek
    Absolutely no need to buy a "fancy" (and expensive) clutch for your application. A basic "Max Torque" clutch will work just fine. You can purchase them from OMB Warehouse for around $ 30.00. Scroll to the top of this page and click on their link. I am 6/1" /290 lbs and all of our bikes have them and they all pull my big ass around just fine.
    Michael

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Next big question:
    I am looking for a good quality 12T centrifugal clutch for a 208cc (7hp - 9.21 ft-lb) with a 3/4" shaft...
    There seems to be a ton of them on ebay but, I am skeptical about the over-seas clutches
    ANY advise, suggestions or tips on a make/manufacture would be appreciated.

Also, looking for a pre-fabbed clutch cover...steel or plastic. I am trying to avoid fabbing one up from scratch.

Thanks,
    Derek
    Hey Derek,

I just bought the same motor this past Saturday and was up and running by Sunday night.

about the clutch... Why didn't you just buy one while at PA? I picked up the Noram 3/4" clutch for the stock #35 chain, and it's a 12T.

I've seen them on sale occasionally at PA but from looking online, after the USD conversion + shipping you're going to pay close to the same. But I was in a hurry since i bought the motor lol.

Good luck with the build. I bolted the engine to the stock mounting plate (drilled new holes). The mounting hole dimensions are actually under the 'manual and parts' tab on PA's page for the motor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by kmart View Post
    Hey Derek,

I just bought the same motor this past Saturday and was up and running by Sunday night.

about the clutch... Why didn't you just buy one while at PA? I picked up the Noram 3/4" clutch for the stock #35 chain, and it's a 12T.

I've seen them on sale occasionally at PA but from looking online, after the USD conversion + shipping you're going to pay close to the same. But I was in a hurry since i bought the motor lol.

Good luck with the build. I bolted the engine to the stock mounting plate (drilled new holes). The mounting hole dimensions are actually under the 'manual and parts' tab on PA's page for the motor.
    Hi kmart,
    Yes, the 208cc was on sale last Saturday...didn't get a clutch then but ,since have ordered one on ebay from China...see how that will work out, I don't have my expectations set too high on it, I will probably just buy a PA clutch.
    I also ordered a PMR mounting plate for full adjustability...and use as a template for any other projects (my cousin is a machinist and owns his own shop).
    Where are you located in Ontario?
    There has to be a place here in SW Ontario to buy minibike parts ....but, I have not come across one yet.
    If you have any info, let me know.
    Thx,
    Derek

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Hi kmart,
    Yes, the 208cc was on sale last Saturday...didn't get a clutch then but ,since have ordered one on ebay from China...see how that will work out, I don't have my expectations set too high on it, I will probably just buy a PA clutch.
    I also ordered a PMR mounting plate for full adjustability...and use as a template for any other projects (my cousin is a machinist and owns his own shop).
    Where are you located in Ontario?
    There has to be a place here in SW Ontario to buy minibike parts ....but, I have not come across one yet.
    If you have any info, let me know.
    Thx,
    Derek
    Yeah the mounting plate is a good call... I was just impatient. I had to cut a few chain links but still couldn't get the chain as tight as i'd like it. Cut one more and now she's too short . Having the plate would make my life easier but now I'm just going to slot my mounting holes for adjustment i guess.

I'm in New Tecumseth, just north of the centre of the universe .

As far as local parts I've been trying to keep my eye out but not finding anything minibike specific. Daymak sells everything for chinese (CAG) pocket bikes (49cc) but non of it is really transferable.

I know Canadian Tire sold these dirt bugs, and i saw a few weeks ago in the TSC flyer they were selling them as well but neither has parts for them.

OMBwarehouse isn't too bad for shipping costs but other popular parts sites we kind of get hosed.

With the 208, the bike flies. Next time i have the engine apart I'm going to have to measure for parts but saw someone on PA's review section said to use a .020 over rod and the piston would have to be changed since the stock wrist pin is non-standard. I also saw this engine also has a plastic cam sprocket when i opened it up
    Last edited by kmart; 11-14-2017 at 11:21 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by kmart View Post
    .... I had to cut a few chain links but still couldn't get the chain as tight as i'd like it. Cut one more and now she's too short . Having the plate would make my life easier but now I'm just going to slot my mounting holes for adjustment i guess.
    There are a few videos on YouTube showing a spring tensioned alternative using the DB tensioner...its required once you go up in size from the original DB motor.

On YouTube search for: "2008 doodlebug db 30 easy spring loaded chain tensioner"

I am keeping the 208cc stock because it is for my nephew who is 7yrs old...it still may be too much power for him...but his uncle (who can that be..) and his dad wanted something to haul their butts around as well :)
    Last edited by DerekS; 11-14-2017 at 11:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    There are a few videos on YouTube showing a spring tensioned alternative using the DB tensioner...its required once you go up in size from the original DB motor.

I am keeping the 208cc stock because it is for my nephew who is 7yrs old...it still may be too much power for him...but his uncle (who can that be..) and his dad wanted something to haul their butts around as well :)
    My son is 8 and even the stock motor could get up to a good enough clip that I'd be worried. That being said he doesn't have much exposure (yet) to power toys, but I've ramped up purchasing to fix that lol. I kept the stock motor to either be able to swap it back in or to make something else with for the little ones.

With the 208 i can do wheelies . It's stock other than the guv disabled... I don't think with the rest of the motor stock it makes much of a difference because the internals can't handle the higher RPM. It'll ride dirt and climb hills with me on it no problem. i took it out after the snow we got last week and only had to blip the throttle for the rear end to break loose on me... That was fun

I had seen some of those tensioner videos... my mistake was not realizing that having it adjusted to the rear was max tension. I don't know why i thought it was the other way around. I measured and mounted the engine assuming I could still take up slack lol. It would run fine as it was slightly loose i just didn't like the sound of the chain whacking the guard occasionally. I bought new chain so I'll probably make one of those tensioners when i install it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12