Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Just checking in Dave , nice to see you have a project in the works , I'll be watching for sure !!

2. Thanks Havasu Dave thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    have dave, I was doing some digging around and found this with my thread when I posted my bike. markus had posted with my bike...

starting to wonder if the stickers for the minibikes where just like the bugs(blue and black) ,but only with the word flea in the center.
    note also they came in 2.5 and 3inch decals for the karts. these decals are still on ebay for sale.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ROUND-2-5-S....c100011.m1850
    I would bet he would make them with the word flea in the center. just got to figure out if they are 2.5 or 3 inch ?
    there is couple give aways a guy could figure that out I would think. the width of the tubing on the forks? decal also appears to be bigger then the decal on the engine(Clinton) guy could measure the height/width and compare?

also in of the brochures my bike looks to be sold has a frame/fork kit 29.95

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    @delray thanks for that. I have contacted the seller and enquired. Two inches seemed like if filled up the space from a perspective of ratios. (It's early) 2.5 may work. I'll post the results here.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Delray, thanks for the heads up. The guy did a beautiful job replicating the logo.

For those who want to purchase the sticker, you can contact peeweepinstriping@comcast.net

This is intellectual property, and owned by the individual above.

6. Thanks manchester1 thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    nice dave,that was quick......
    so what was the correct color? the orange back ground then?
    did peeweepinstriping know the correct color for the bikes?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by delray View Post
    nice dave,that was quick...... so what was the correct color? the orange back ground then?
    did peeweepinstriping know the correct color for the bikes?
    I had him fashion it after the logo in their brochure. I'm getting two decals, and the remaining one has your name on it if you want it. Note, he is printing them on foil background as you pointed out based on your remnants.

So yes Brian, the orange was the original color! It's my story and I am sticking to it. Any other color would be arbitrary, unless someone can catch "Lady Bug" Faye Pierson at an event and ask her if she remembers!

As far as color, mine was "high gloss blue enamel." Beneath several layers of paint, I found it. There was a metallic component to it. So I will be duplicating that paint in an acrylic enamel. I'll start by finding production automobiles from 1970 to 1973 and looking at codes. That usually gets me in the ball park.

Your bike with the integral bars, might have been the "Spanish Flea" which sported high gloss red enamel paint.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123