Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by manchester1 View Post
    Those bars do look like the brochure. Your making progress. Looks like the grinder needs a work out to take care of a few welds. Good job on the handle bar mounts.
    Yep, I had to replace the entire right side of the forks. Had some welding issues. Nothing new there. I need to remember to grind stuff and arrange lighting better before posting. Not.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Havasu Dave View Post
    Yep, I had to replace the entire right side of the forks. Had some welding issues. Nothing new there. I need to remember to grind stuff and arrange lighting better before posting. Not.
    I suck at welding but my grinding is pretty good. lol
    "CLONANZA CLAN"

3. Thanks Havasu Dave thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    The bike came with a kick stand welded on to the bottom of the engine plate. It was pretty nasty, but on a whim I cut it out, took it apart and got it looking better. The stand portion was pretty bad, bent up, and out of shape. I never did find out what stand is "supposed" to be in the bike.

I had dismantled a "Cat" stand last week that I am using on another project. For the Cat stand, I fabricated a longer stand portion, drilled the hole, made the slots, worked great. I saved the shorter piece, and surprisingly, it fit and worked great on this one.

Next dilemma was where to put it. No matter what I did, the mounting bolts would interfere with the engine. I decided I'd either weld in some studs, or use some flathead screws. So that is what I did. I can always weld them in later, but for now they work well. Bottom side:

It looks about right.

5. Thanks mrpat, OND thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Looking good so far Dave !
    Lil Indian, Ruttman, DB30, Warrior, lil Bill, EZ Rider, Savage SSC , Powell, BONANZA

7. Thanks Havasu Dave thanked for this post

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234