Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by lostinbaja View Post
    Are there any Herters "Know It Alls" on the board?
    There is a guy in Minnesota who buys all of the herters he can. I am sure he will be reading through this soon.

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Salsbury 330 torque converters were used on a number of bikes plus just about every junior dragster. Still lots of parts out there. They were bought out by Comet, who continued making only the 330. I have always felt that Salsbury was the top of the line, clearly better than Comet, but more expensive. Mostly used on high end machines due to cost. Salsbury invented the torque converter in the late 30s. I would not switch to a Comet.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick DeBuse View Post
    Salsbury 330 torque converters were used on a number of bikes plus just about every junior dragster. Still lots of parts out there. They were bought out by Comet, who continued making only the 330. I have always felt that Salsbury was the top of the line, clearly better than Comet, but more expensive. Mostly used on high end machines due to cost. Salsbury invented the torque converter in the late 30s. I would not switch to a Comet.

I just got my Herters running today and took it for a burn.. I have to say that this Salsbury 330 is great.. Very smooth operation compared to my new 30 series setup on my Bronc and no issues at all for as old as it is. I think Dick is right here.. I'll keep this setup!
    "The 2 most common elements found on Earth are Hydrogen and Stupidity"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12