Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    the stock driver on the tav engages the belt at 1800 rpm which is too low for most engines. at idle its trying to engage the belt that's why it drags. the garter springs can be changed to fix that problem very easily. new springs are around 10 to 12 dollars,i would suggest the comet part numbers 011188a or 011190a. that will stop the drag problem. the bushing issue can be attributed to a few things. first the bushing is there to keep the belt from burning while at idle. if the pulleys are aglined correctly there are too things that I have found that ruin the bushing. first they are Chinese and are cheap the inside diameter can be off on these things and needs to be checked if they are too loose or too tight the will malfunction. I keep three or four all the time when drag racing they will wear. second the driver extension has a tapered end that rest against the inner pulley. if your belt is tight and not aligned correctly it will cause the belt to push the bushing to one side or another causeing it to wear. if it moves the bushing toward the extension it will mushroom and cause the driver to stink and not release the belt. I mill mine a little to give a flat surface for the bushing to ride against and has stopped that from happening. make sure your pulleys are aligned correctly and buy a real belt from beltpalace.com that's made from Kevlar and you should be good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by super nate View Post
    the stock driver on the tav engages the belt at 1800 rpm which is too low for most engines. at idle its trying to engage the belt that's why it drags. the garter springs can be changed to fix that problem very easily. new springs are around 10 to 12 dollars,i would suggest the comet part numbers 011188a or 011190a. that will stop the drag problem. the bushing issue can be attributed to a few things. first the bushing is there to keep the belt from burning while at idle. if the pulleys are aglined correctly there are too things that I have found that ruin the bushing. first they are Chinese and are cheap the inside diameter can be off on these things and needs to be checked if they are too loose or too tight the will malfunction. I keep three or four all the time when drag racing they will wear. second the driver extension has a tapered end that rest against the inner pulley. if your belt is tight and not aligned correctly it will cause the belt to push the bushing to one side or another causeing it to wear. if it moves the bushing toward the extension it will mushroom and cause the driver to stink and not release the belt. I mill mine a little to give a flat surface for the bushing to ride against and has stopped that from happening. make sure your pulleys are aligned correctly and buy a real belt from beltpalace.com that's made from Kevlar and you should be good

Thanks for the response Nate.
    I seem to have it straightened out. Alignment is good, no mushroom. Have new belts from belt palace and a few spare bushings.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    anytime your welcome

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12