Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Not so mini bike View Post
    I have one of those mufflers that's on the hs50. Mine was on a NOS engine as well.
    I wonder what equipment application requires the use of these end vent mufflers? The engine must be situated in a way where the standard dogleg muffler would emit the exhaust towards the operator.

I think it's cool that it still retains the factory paint and has yet to be burned off. These are the Tecumseh mufflers that you would see years down the road all completely rusted and in some cases, rotted out.

The newer engines that are raw from the factory with no paint on the block(90's and 2000's) have a galvanized like mufflers and seem to last forever.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Can anyone tell from this pic and the ID numbers if this H35 has a Ball Bearing PTO and a iron cylinder?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    https://www.partstree.com/parts/tecu...-parts-list-1/

Looks like a bushing PTO, not a bearing. Not sure about the bore, but I doubt it's steel sleeved due to the year
    I'm not afraid of death. I'm afraid of dying. I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my father did -- not like his screaming passengers

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Its ball bearing crank, not a steel sleeved block. They used that 3.5 muffler in industrial/equipment application as well, I have the mate to that engine in crapsman stampings and colors off a yard vac. came with the same muffler and BB crank so I bought it to steal the parts from.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by markus View Post
    Its ball bearing crank, not a steel sleeved block. They used that 3.5 muffler in industrial/equipment application as well, I have the mate to that engine in crapsman stampings and colors off a yard vac. came with the same muffler and BB crank so I bought it to steal the parts from.
    Thank you markus

I might end up using this H35 with a Comet Tav2 due to the fact that it has a ball bearing PTO. The axial load placed on the crankshaft when the belt is engaged would be pretty high I would imagine.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by capguncowboy View Post
    https://www.partstree.com/parts/tecu...-parts-list-1/

Looks like a bushing PTO, not a bearing. Not sure about the bore, but I doubt it's steel sleeved due to the year
    I had my doubts it being a steel sleeved block, I don't think I've ever seen a small frame Tecumseh with a steel sleeve.

Either way I'm very happy that I found this engine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12