Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Assuming this is a newer style camTony,better find out if dynocams can weld that kind of steel and need to find out if they can grind it with the same base circle as the compression relief cam has. If they grind it small like the vintage cams the compression relief arm/shaft will not aline correct to the lifter.
    I mentioned earlier about how i had to adjust my measurements so the arm/shaft would aline correct.

Goodluck i hope it works out...
    Last edited by delray; 06-20-2018 at 10:02 PM.

2. Thanks massacre thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Delray

The cam I sent in is an older cam I machined for mechanical comp relief I believe it's the same material as a 70's cam.

Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fasttony; 06-20-2018 at 10:15 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Ok good,i hope thats works too...
    I do have that style too. Kind of curious where that pin/shaft go's
    Though the lobe. I will have to take a look at mine sometime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Delray

It looks like I have the orientation off for the compression relief by 90 degrees, I may have taken info from a H35 cam with intake and exhaust reversed. When the cam comes in I will weld the heel of the exhaust lobe then CNC cut a bump comp relief and go with that for this summer, next winter I will modify the 245 cam I am currently running with the mechanical parts

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Much Better! I took the Rupp out for a ride today what a difference the new HS50 and setup makes, quicker acceleration, better top speed, less vibration and the iron cylinder has very little blow by, I now have faith these little Tecumseh engines can get the job done. I do have to redo the engine isolation mount, the rubber compound I bought from MaMaster Carr is junk so I will try silicone rubber, the toggle clamp hold down from HF split the rubber end so a larger diameter rubber stop pad is needed, I will get the Dellorto carb working right. Rupp is going to be a blast to ride on July vacation!

Tony

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    What no pic's or video. Glad you got it running.
    I'm totally impress with my 245 dyno cam. Perfect cam for a hs-40 or 50
    Tony is your flywheel aluminum or cast steel? And now that you got it running with a good carb have you tried
    To advance the timing yet? I have mine set at 30 degrees advance and pulls hard up to 5700 with a slightly modified stock carb.
    I think if you get that 19mm carb working right that engine should run strong with more timing and gearing.
    What's with the rubber mount? Can you run with out it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Delray
    I could try taking a video but since it's just me riding it could get scary and end with curse words, when Rupp is up to full speed I will get a picture of the speedometer and post. I am not sure if fixed position timing of more than stock .035" would benefit an engine that can be driven at lower engine speeds, I was running .055" advance with the aluminum cylinder HS50 and noticed is sounded rattly driving at mid range RPM under a light load, it's my understanding unleaded fuel burns faster than leaded, more timing might not help overall driving. The only way to know for sure would be to tune it on a Dyno, that would be fun if someone had one around here. The engine isolation plate was removed this afternoon and cleaned up going to try black high heat silicone rubber, if that doesn't work I have some 1" thick aluminum to replace it. The weather in Maine this weekend isn't going to be very good hoping to have the mount done by Sunday, the 19mm carb will also get some attention. A good part of the better acceleration is from going back to the larger Rupp rear sprocket, I am thrilled this bike has the potential to cruise at higher speeds, after driving it only 200 miles the last two years I am hoping to ride the wheels off it this year.

A big thanks to the guy's here that build their engines beyond stock and all those who have offered advice, I didn't know companies like DynoCams existed their parts make a difference.

Tony
    Last edited by fasttony; 06-22-2018 at 09:00 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Cool....
    Get the 19mm figured out. I think it will be strong.
    They seem to be better over a stock carb. At less the one black widow i road in the pass.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Advancing the timing with that cam should give you more power even in the mid range. I would definitely try it. My 245 cammed engine has power everywhere at 30 degrees. I do run premium fuel in it, but it's an OHH 195cc engine with a 172cc head shaved .040", so it has a lot of compression.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by fasttony View Post
    Much Better! I took the Rupp out for a ride today what a difference the new HS50 and setup makes, quicker acceleration, better top speed, less vibration and the iron cylinder has very little blow by, I now have faith these little Tecumseh engines can get the job done. I do have to redo the engine isolation mount, the rubber compound I bought from MaMaster Carr is junk so I will try silicone rubber, the toggle clamp hold down from HF split the rubber end so a larger diameter rubber stop pad is needed, I will get the Dellorto carb working right. Rupp is going to be a blast to ride on July vacation!

Tony
    Sweet Ive had the Dell on an HS40 roadster2 and the driveablilty of the slide valve is so nice-so much more throttle to work with over the standard carbs and very smooth too. I was very surprised, it made the bike feel much more roadworthy, which looks like is what you are after! I would not know how to tune it for your modified application but hopefully you get it figured out.

12. Thanks massacre thanked for this post

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011