Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    No it did not. But I have seen them with one lobe much larger. I got one of the plastic cams w normal sized lobes and compression release so I am going to see if i can fit it to a dyno cam.
    Ole

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    yep i have seen that too. i have a 1970 ez-pull motor with that larger base cam with the short lifter. for the newer style cam compression relief setup tim isky must of regrounded that cam with the old small base circle and with the wider lobes it still put the mechanical arm right where it needed to be still? if you say it still works.
    i also would like to try in the future on a old junk cam installing the compression relief arm and then on one of my race cams.
    i wish tim had better luck welding my compression relief cam. he said it would not weld correct and had to go with a older cam to weld on.
    you really got lucky ole4 with yours.
    he set my cam back with the new cam he could weld on.

keep me posted if you do modify one of your race cams with the compression relief arm..

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Mine had both base circles the same (intake and exhaust) and he kept them the same. I have heard about some of the tec cams being hard to weld, specifically Mike or Jeff Clements said the H50 motorsports cam was made out of a different material to allow it to weld without inclusions.
    Ole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    delray

I have 2 Roadster2's cruising is a blast on flat roads they hits 37 - 40 MPH sometimes a little better with minimum oil level, on hills they slow down to 30 that's what I have been trying to change if we could hold speed the ride would be more fun. My wife rides with me sometimes she likes yard sales since there's no trunk we don't bring too much unwanted stuff. I built a custom 70 Roadster once for our son to ride years ago, only the green and purple bikes are still around.

Tony

000_0230.JPG

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Beautiful bikes!
    Ole

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    nice tony............
    it will be intresting to see if that little hs-motor will pull better on the hills........
    wife won't like it when you pull away from here.....

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    how you coming tony.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    delray

I have bought the valve springs, retainers and compressor, also bought a replacement swing arm bushing from blackwidowmotorsports one of the newer replacements without rubber for the Rupp, I noticed years ago the rear wheel moves under load causing the chain to loosen, rear wheel alignment changing probably isn't helping the bikes steering and handling. I work on the bikes in between a high end car restoration I am doing that still has a few years to go, we will be riding the Rupp's this year.

Tony

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    I have a few small things to finish on the Rupp one was put an air filter on the Dellorto carburetor so I made a custom piece for that.

Tony

Dellorto Air Filter (1).JPGDellorto Air Filter (2).JPG

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    looks nice tony......

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678