Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Your putting way to much spring in there . The stock springs are more than enough for this slow build . My HS 50 will turn really high with stock springs shimmed 100 thou . Before the shimming she would float the valves at 6900 . Your motor won’t see those rpms so why run that spring ?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    David,they are only 16 pound Springs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    I'll try my luck with these springs, i think they will work just fine. I also think the retainers are of higher quality then the stock ones, not that I've ever had issues with the stock ones but why not give it a try? But if they don't it's not a big deal to swap them back to stock springs. And as Delray said they are only 16 lbs. springs so i think it'll be a really nice setup actually.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    It is nice to see a vintage engine being built with quality, precision and longevity in mind. Nice choice of valve spring retainer. This is one of the best HS build threads I've seen on here. Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    I gotta see if there's any houses for sale in Delray's neighborhood. I don't have another gear head within 5 miles of me. Awesome build. Should be a screamer!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by older then dirt View Post
    I gotta see if there's any houses for sale in Delray's neighborhood. I don't have another gear head within 5 miles of me. Awesome build. Should be a screamer!
    well there was a house in the neighborhood for sale last summer i think you would like my neighorhood alot.
    just a small subdivision out in the county and you can ride all day in my subdivision or test and tune a bike on my property..
    rupp72 engine will be very interesting to see when done. he will be installing it back on a original black widow bike with just a few more modifications done to it and still retaining the factory 19mm carb and header pipe.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    I've been working on the engine and have been making some good progress. Here is a little video of it running on a bench. The exhaust isn't a straight pipe unlike what it will have on the bike. Also disregard the gas leaking out of the Dellorto carb tickler, it's broken but I'll be fixing it, might even have the spare parts in my garage. The carb is pretty close to in tune for now. I'll do the fine tuning when i get it on the bike in the future. The engine revs really well though, hits some pretty high RPM's. Don't have a tachometer yet so not sure the specifics but in time I'll get in honed in and share the details.

Super huge thank you goes out to Brian "Delray" for the help, guidance, ideas, and knowledge for getting this engine hopped up and running. He is incredibly smart and taught me so much about the very important small details that often get overlooked when rebuilding these engines. Can't say enough about the support from him and everyone else on this site. It's so great to be apart of such a great community and hobby.
    Last edited by Rupp 72; 03-11-2018 at 09:07 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    cool nate,glad to help. looks like that engine wanted to rip it right off the particle board. maybe not the best to mount a motor to,but it works for testing purposes only...
    once you get it mounted up on the bike with a torque converter and all with a load on it. then we can really get it dailed in good......

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Slow

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123