Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Studeman68 View Post
    Update; I just received the 37176K inserts and test fitted them...fit perfect! These indeed are the correct ones for 36974K billet rod.. I'm gonna order a spare to keep...
    Now for my last hurdle... does anyone know of an aftermarket valve spring that would be comparable with the tec 36805K "yellow" ones? I'm going to be running a 37177K cam and need some decent valve springs to go with. I already have the 1/4" stem stainless valves installed and I have the aluminum retainers.. @markus @ole4
    No clue on the springs from me, sorry. I only knew EC had the inserts because I have been keeping an eye on what they post up on ebay....I got a screaming deal from them recently on an NOS Tecumseh "Motorsports" cam for the OHV's (fits in the HS engines too) and went through all the other stuff they offered to see if there was any other goodies to be had

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Wait.....what? an ohv motorsports Tecumseh cam will fit an HS50 engine also?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Oldschoolcool
    Wait.....what? an ohv motorsports Tecumseh cam will fit an HS50 engine also
    yep..........all day

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Studeman68, here is something i believe we talk little about before. i have a crane cam for 8-10hp that specifies using only the star spring,(same as the yellow springs?) or you could damage the cam
    cam lift is only 330. also i wonder if the cam is not heat treated. unfortunately it does not say anything about spring rate. just base on that info given. they must be a soft spring.
    what i mean by a soft spring. they must be around 18 pounds or so and base on the info i have read from other cams that are not treated and anything over 18 pounds can damage the cam.....
    really like to here that 8hp motor of yours run
    thinking about using this crane cam in a 10hp on a super bronc with a electric start . otherwise i don't think i can pull it over......no compression relief

5. Thanks cdoublejj thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    any luck with the yellow springs from VKE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by delray View Post
    any luck with the yellow springs from VKE
    Not yet, It's been crazy busy at work this week and I've been getting home later than usual.. Thought about it today and just as I was thinking to call them.. ended up getting side tracked... I'll try tomorrow to get hold of them.. I need to get a breather cover from them too..
    Yeah I agree in your thinking that the yellow springs are around 18lbs which is where I at least wanted to start out with.. and I'm wondering myself how this thing may pull over... I think it will be a hoot to put this in my bronc....
    I'll keep ya posted...
    "The 2 most common elements found on Earth are Hydrogen and Stupidity"

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Studeman68 View Post
    Not yet, It's been crazy busy at work this week and I've been getting home later than usual.. Thought about it today and just as I was thinking to call them.. ended up getting side tracked... I'll try tomorrow to get hold of them.. I need to get a breather cover from them too..
    Yeah I agree in your thinking that the yellow springs are around 18lbs which is where I at least wanted to start out with.. and I'm wondering myself how this thing may pull over... I think it will be a hoot to put this in my bronc....
    I'll keep ya posted...
    VKE did a "Super 7" for Cdownie3 another member that lives down here by me. They put a compression release in the head on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12