Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Haha now I remember reading something about that when I read the paper. Well I would rather have threaded holes than self tappers anyways. I took this motor apart a few years ago so was a little fuzzy on the details.

I am def trying to get this done quick as I have limited time frame. The motor went back together but that doesn’t mean it’ll run.
    Would be great if I could get the bike running today, need to figure out throttle linkage. Motor has useable bellcrank and governor arm, no torsion spring though

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by massacre View Post
    Haha now I remember reading something about that when I read the paper. Well I would rather have threaded holes than self tappers anyways. I took this motor apart a few years ago so was a little fuzzy on the details.

I am def trying to get this done quick as I have limited time frame. The motor went back together but that doesnít mean itíll run.
    Would be great if I could get the bike running today, need to figure out throttle linkage. Motor has useable bellcrank and governor arm, no torsion spring though
    Rupp and some others used a return spring setup on some of the earlier built bikes, as some the early bellcrank style throttle assemblies didn't have a torsion spring on them. Maybe do something like this in a pinch if its the early style throttle linkage to get you going, just make sure the spring will stay secure (dont want you coming back with a set of high speed forks, stitches, rodrash, and a blown up engine )

3. Thanks massacre thanked for this post

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Thanks Markus I was thinking of something similar with a couple springs
    I just realized I forgot to wire up kill switch dang
    Going to have to take everything off again crap
    Well I’ll see if she runs on ether first

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Well I dragged the bike up the stairs and outside, she fired first pull on ether. I feel like that is an encouraging sign. I have to take the shroud off and wire up a kill switch, hopefully I don’t have to take the flywheel off but if I do, I should be able to do it in 5 minutes, seeing as I have had it on and off 3 times in the last 24hrs lmao

I fixed the cracked gas tank and have the line just need a cap. That and throttle should do it I might be riding this thing around later

I’m interested to see how it runs, it now has a slightly smaller bore and significantly smaller exhaust valve. Other than adding epoxy to the intake port, billet rod and crank swap I haven’t changed anything with the short block. Bike has stock aluminum flywheel but this bike is not for speed I just want to cruise some trials nice and easy
    Last edited by massacre; Today at 10:40 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Sounds like your almost there. Hopefully everything go's good.....
    One of the Big things that will help is having a good sealed header pipe going to the back of the bike and having adjustable idle and main jet.
    Advancing the timing little maybe,option if you have time to play with. If your still running the stock 30+ year old valve spring? Just be safe and not rev it over 4000+
    Change the oil after running 15-20 mins. Won't believe what floats around and can damage the cylinder wall.....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456