Register

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Rebuild the walbro or get a different carb

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rebuild walbro carb ( cheapest option )

6 25.00%
  • buy tillotson hd ( simple installation and will run at any angle )

9 37.50%
  • buy mikuni ( most likely have to fab intake and most expensive but best carb )

9 37.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Herman59 View Post
    Hi Robert,

You mentioned being a dealer back in the day. I purchased a 74 in 1978 here in Florida. I kept it all these years and I am now rebuilding for a third time. The second time was to put a regular motorcycle engine on (400HP) and now I am putting a 600 kawi ninja. I am beefing up and having of course to redo rear end/axle etc. I last had it titled in Illinois for the street. I don't remember them having like a vin plate. I believe mine had the numbers stamped into a part of the framing pipe over the rear and I cut it off and misplaced it after all these years. But, I thought that if they ever did make a plate it would be cool to make a similar one to put on this.
    What's your thoughts please?
    Did you check the neck tube for the vin stamped in it?

Gumpit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    The first of the three pics in your post looks just like mine that I bought in 78. I ordered it out of a catalog here in Florida. Could you tell me what model that is?
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Actually, my xwife back in 1982 wrecked it and I had to replace the front end. That is when I changed it and disposed of the tube! Thanks. That clears up a lot. My title has a vin# so I am just creating a plate that I am going to rivit to the front end where it originally was.

My model exactly is still in the air for me, but I am making quite a modification. I am basically making a almost completely new trike but for now, I will just leave it registered as an 74 Alsport. I hope to post photos of build soon.

Nice to talk to you. I was born in Chicago and ran small engine shops, lawn mower shops, so always been into mechanics, speeding down the strips! I like Old chevy trucks too. Had a 59 that I loved.

But I always loved this trike and even more when I made it able to go the speed of sound, LOL.

Thanks!