Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Anybody modify the rear of a T-555 with swing arm hinge and shocks?

I got a T-555 that is a bit rough on the rear going up the mountain trails in North Georgia and was wondering if anybody has added or modified the rear with a swing arm and hinge set-up. Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    T555’s....Very well-built rigid frame. Adding suspension would require a lot of work. Probably better off selling the frame you have and then buying a frame with suspension that is easier to modify.

Astoria, Oregon 1/4 mile from the mighty Columbia River
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides
    They did make a Montgomery Wards model that came with full suspension front and rear. I used a Kohler single cylinder two stroke engine.
    I had one bought it just as a roller frame. But I had to let it go like so many of my projects. Member LOGSHAK had one with the proper engine I don't know if it ever got finished. It had a nice roll bar to support the top of the shocks. I have a manual on the machine if I could ever find it. I must be stored in the hundreds of boxes in the basement. I can't go down there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    I am about to start cutting and modifying my T-555 using donor shocks from a Suzuki 160 ATV. It will be a bit of modifying but that's part of the fun. I'll keep ya'll posted.