Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Lil Indian 1968-69 sales brochure and parts catalog list for a Grand series 6000

Looking for Lil Indian 1968-69 sales brochure and parts catalog list for a Grand series 6000.
    Original, clear copy or scan. I saw a post from 2012 that had this info but it wasn't clear and photo was only a partial pic.
    I'm restoring this bike this would help me to be more accurate. Thanks

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    I have everything you need/asking for. Give me a couple of days to scan it in.
    Joe

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Thanks Joe51. I believe I have a 1968 -69 Grand series 6000. It has the 5hp Briggs, front and rear suspension, Non folding chrome handlebars, solid white painted wheels, Rear disc brake only, full length chrome exhaust pipe, chrome fenders, jackshaft with 2 speed, original color is dark reddish brown. Frame number is 30574. I have seen some info (catalog photo, magazine article) that shows the early Grand series 6000 to be set up like this and that they made updates to the mag wheels, folding handlebars and then Tecumseh engines. I am trying to pin down the date/ year this happened. Thanks in advance to you and any others with pics or info to help figure this out. Jim

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    It would be a 1968 6000. The info I'll get to you will have everything for that year bike. I have the same. 1969 was the year swap to mag wheels and fold down handlebars. Early 69 bikes had a plate/fold down set up that was mounted on top of the top triple tree. ( basically two top plates). At some point they made it into one. Hard to pin down when that happened. 68 rear swing arm was different than 69. It should have a flat plate on it with slots for the brake and the adjuster plate. Chain guards for 68 and 69 were the same with the Briggs.
    By any chance does your 5 HP have a small L bracket mounted to one of the breather screws? I need to make a repo for mine.
    Will be in touch,
    Regards,
    Joe

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Yes is does have what looks LILINDIAN75.JPGlike a throttle spring return bracket on it. I will try to post a pic with dimension specs.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides
    heres a good shot of one with a photo print date of Dec 1968. When you look at the 1968 brochure sheet Joe has you will notice the catalog bike looks a little different, with shocks like a Rupp C series bike, front foot pegs and a what appears to be a maybe slip tube type muffler/extension on the 6000, like what Fox did with the campus bikes. So there were changes being made during the course of the year/start date since 1968 was the first year for them

7. Thanks OND thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Great Info Markus !
    Lil Indian, Ruttman, DB30, Warrior, lil Bill, EZ Rider, Savage SSC , Powell, BONANZA

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    On the same subject what year little Indian 6000 is this

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Nice Indian as well Old Car! I would guess later 69'?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    From my limited understanding of lil Indians , the bike is transitional ie, from steel to mag wheels from Briggs to Tecumseh. from one piece fork to clamp on bars to fold down bars. I dunno??

Where is SimpleTom when you need him? At Symco having a ball where I should be!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast