Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Finally got caught up and back on the wheel... Wow, just a couple of days short of 5 months since I started this...

Seems that everything has pushed it back and back until this week. I got it out of the shop and started sanding on it Wednesday. More sanding on Thursday. Friday I dropped a piece of 3'' x 5'' x 1/4'' x 10' steel on my foot... Saturday I hobbled around an sanded on it all day. The wife helping is the only reason I got finished sanding and ready for paint. Got it painted and called it a day. This morning I went out and prepped the final pieces for paint. Took some pics and am waiting on the pieces to dry. More pics when I get it assembled.

Last edited by FOMOGO; 09-02-2018 at 08:31 PM.
    "A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin
    If stupid could fly you would be a jet.
    Duct tape cant fix stupid but it can muffle the sound.

2. Thanks Hent thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    You just have to love Rustoleum rattle can paint. Its a shot in the dark it seems like anymore. Either its great or its spit and sputter..... No matter how much you shake it and shake it and shake it.

The paint on the wheel frame is awful. The can decided to spit and sputter on the last coat. So now its wait for it to harden for a few more days and them sand it smooth and spray it again. Fun, Fun, Fun...

Look at the above pic of the spoked adjuster and you can see the mess... Probably take some Lacquer thinner and just wipe the small parts clean.

On a much better note. I picked up a new and much needed tool last night in an online auction. A Pexto slip roll. One more piece to the "making fenders" puzzle. Its rated for 22 gauge full width but will roll 20 gauge at minibike fender widths. Probably would even roll 18 gauge at that width using deep draw steel. It has the most awful blue paint job on it. Yuck. Like I needed, another strip it and paint it job.

Last edited by FOMOGO; 09-06-2018 at 08:46 AM.
    "A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin
    If stupid could fly you would be a jet.
    Duct tape cant fix stupid but it can muffle the sound.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Hot tip! What i do when my spray can starts to spit and sputter i use my air compressor with blow nozzle on it and blow some air into it and they work like new.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123