Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: What is it????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Answered: What is it????

Picked this up over the weekend. Not sure what it is. There is a scrub brake.

Also, just wondering. I dont think these forks go with it, but i know what im putting them on

Thanks in advance for your replies.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. "The front forks are Bonanza MX forks and like dragrace said, a cat frame, one of the short ones

This is an "all american" version I used to have with that style frame, but your was probably lower end version with one piece forks/no suspension spring etc.. what you find for remains of the footpegs may be an indication of year, ones like below are later the early ones were just solid tubing posts from below the rail and I dont think they had an indent in the engine mount for the kickstand bolts under where the engine sat.
    "

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Provided Answers: 2
    Cat 250x or 300x? Fork wouldn't be right but frame looks like a cat to me

Sent from my iPad using OldMiniBikes

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Provided Answers: 254
    The front forks are Bonanza MX forks and like dragrace said, a cat frame, one of the short ones

This is an "all american" version I used to have with that style frame, but your was probably lower end version with one piece forks/no suspension spring etc.. what you find for remains of the footpegs may be an indication of year, ones like below are later the early ones were just solid tubing posts from below the rail and I dont think they had an indent in the engine mount for the kickstand bolts under where the engine sat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Thanks to Dragracertpp and Markus for excellent answers........Markus the pegs appear to have been solid (older). Any idea where i can get fork for the Cat?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Provided Answers: 254
    Quote Originally Posted by majicj007 View Post
    Thanks to Dragracertpp and Markus for excellent answers........Markus the pegs appear to have been solid (older). Any idea where i can get fork for the Cat?
    No idea on the forks, someone on here may have a spare. One thing I would do is verify the style of fork it used for sure or at least keep your headtube measurement handy if your just looking for something to fit. I have never had a solid (non suspension) type cat here and its hard to say if the forks will cross or not.

This Is I believe the 1969 into 1970 catalog shot of the 2 small bikes they had at that time. note they had different forks and its hard to tell if spacing would equal out or not between the 2 frames.