Recent content by alexjordan22

1. A

Why is my friends bike faster than mine??

That's actually a good point....I didn't think of it that way. I could swap him rear tires and see what happens...that might be the issue. Unless I could get the torque converter to shift into overdrive a little later which would.give my motor a bit more time at higher rpms to gain some speed...
  2. A

Washington State. I live in Issaquah and the bike is in Puyallup. The place where my bike is at isn't owned by the friend I keep losing to, it's owned by another friend and he just has the Garage space for us to keep our bikes there.
  3. A

The bike is an hour away from me during the week at a friends house, otherwise I would've checked it already.
  4. A

School me on the GTC Torque Converters

I just installed one on my Baja Warrior and am curious about what can be changed on it. It has a green spring in the driven unit stock, and it's set in the center hole. What is the benefit (if any) to moving from the center hole to another one, or even switching out the green spring for a...
  5. A

Right? The weight difference alone should make me faster, but even with the weight difference AND my mods im still slower. Jetting might be the issue I think too. That and I haven't checked the valve lash after installing the 18 lb springs over a year ago, so I may be losing some power there...
  6. A

Yeah I understand that. Im not new to these engines just to this forum. Originally I was curious if anyone had any input on what I should be looking for as far as problems with the engine go. Ive never had a modded engine be slower than an unmodded one. Simple as that. Yes, tire pressure...
  7. A

Yes I've got him off the line, but at full throttle he will slowly walk on me pulling away. He'd be in back and it'd be about even, then he'd slowly start to pull on me and continue. It sort of sounds like my engine at WOT is at a lower rpm than his is. I have a 26mm Mikuni lying around that I'm...
  8. A

I suspect valve lash as well, and I plan to check that next weekend when I get back down to where the bike is. However our gearing is the same. Same TC with green spring hooked in the center hole of the driver, 50T rear sprocket. The governor being hooked up differently can matter? Both of...
  9. A

Here's the deal. We both have Baja Warrior bikes. His bike is bone stock with the baja engine on it (196cc??) And a GTC torque converter. Stock 50 tooth rear sprocket, stock rear tire. He weighs about 60 lbs more than me. Now my bike has a taller rear tire diameter, stock 50 tooth sprocket...