Recent content by AlexS

1. AlexS

Help with rusted jackshaft

Hey Dave thanks for the info on the driven. You are correct about it being a V-Plex, I looked today and saw the stamp. Hopefully when I'm ready to set up the jackshaft i will be able to get that old shaft out and reuse the rest.
  2. AlexS

I plan on posting some pics once I'm done with the clear and before i start piecing her back together
  3. AlexS

Thanks for all the tips guys. There was only one set screw left and i was able to get it out. After a lot of wd40 and Buckeye's BFH suggestion i was able to get all the gears spinning but the shaft wouldn't come out. I believe because the end was mushroomed/ground down(noticed it was like that...
  4. AlexS

No I didn't...I looked in those holes and only saw rust, but wasn't sure if anything was supposed to be in there. I will try to clean them out and see if they are in there. thanks for the help!!!
  5. AlexS

Is there anything you see that I have failed to take off? I've never messed with a jackshaft before so I've yet to get too violent with that shaft. If it looks to you like rust is the only thing holding it i will take a torch to it tomorrow.
  6. AlexS

I've got the bike torn down other than this rusted mess. I took a nut off one side and a C clip and washer off the other. Anybody that has any experience with these and would like to give me their input I would sure appreciate it. Here are some pictures of what it looks like.
  7. AlexS

Help identifying my mini bike

The sticker survived but only enough to read "Model" all the numbers below it were faded.
  8. AlexS

Thanks i got it for $25!!!! I plan on cleaning it up a little and then clearing the patina
  9. AlexS

You are the man!!!! Can't wait to get started on it.
  10. AlexS

Wow, That was quick!!!! I've been looking through images for hours and found nothing!!!! Any idea what year it is?
  11. AlexS

I just bought this mini bike today and would like to know the make so i can order some worn parts for my restoration. Thanks in advance!!!