Recent content by bennelson

1. B

Black Beauty Electric Mini-Bike Project

Got some more work done on the mini-bike. This is sort of a low-budget "use what works" project as much as I can make it. I had already taken the rear wheel apart, wire-brushed the rim, and primed it. I took a look at the tube. Although it had been patched before, the patch looked good. I...
  2. B

Can anyone tell me if the brake caliper sold at Old Minibike Warehouse would fit the bracket on this frame? I'm looking at the "Disc Brake Assembly 2" - https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/Disc-Brake-Assembly-2.html?category_id=164 The holes on this brake bracket do appear to be centered 1 & 5/8"...
  3. B

Not sure exactly what to do with that hole now. Maybe I could drill it out a little more, tap it, and install a zerk grease fitting?
  4. B

I was FINALLY able to break loose the rust on one of the rear shocks! It only took about a week. I had sprayed down the shocks with PB plaster every day for like 5 days in a row. Tried shaking, smacking, and twisting them with NO results. I ended up drilling an 1/8" hole in the shocks so that I...
  5. B

I did some work taking off the rims and cleaning them up. Here's half a rim after hitting it with a wire wheel for a bit. I'm also starting to prime some of the parts. I've decided that I'm not really doing a restoration on this, it doesn't have to be perfect, but I don't want it to be a...
  6. B

Can anyone tell me if THIS brake is appropriate for the Stellar Black Beauty? https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/Disc-Brake-Assembly-2.html?category_id=164 The mounting bracket already on the bike has two holes, spaced 1&5/8th inches.
  7. B

OK. I think I finally got some thumbnail photos to show up in the very first post.
  8. B

Hmmmm. I haven't been having good luck with the forum so far. It took me FOREVER just to make my first post. I kept getting a "You can't have links, no forbidden words" and weird errors like that. Here's a link to photos on my blog. Lets see if the forum lets me link or not. Stellar Black...
  9. B

Hi everyone! Newbie here. I picked up an old mini-bike frame at a rummage sale. I'm one of those guys who would always have loved one as a kid, but my mother would forbid me even if we could have afforded one. Now, I am an adult, saw this and thought it looked like fun. I really don't know...
  10. B

Test test test.
  11. B

What is this frame? Ben's Mini Bike

Does anyone know how many teeth the sprocket on this would have been?
  12. B

What is this frame? Ben's Mini Bike

Hello folks! Total newbie here. I always thought mini bikes were cool and I got a deal on a mini bike frame at a rummage sale this weekend. I have no idea what it is, but if I did, it would be great to find an old advertisement for it, re-paint it the original color, etc. The frame is...