Recent content by jalopy45

1. J

Unknown Make

The frame pivots at the neck and was originally chrome plated.
  2. J

Upgrades to Bird Wren for a fat boy

The assembly process has begun
  3. J

Mini bike in one part of the living room and a "T" bucket going together in the other end of the house.
  4. J

Straightened the forks and got the engine in place now to start playing with the tires and wheels. ,
  5. 705c_1

705c_1

6. J

Do you need a seat ?

Okay Manchester1, I need a seat for my Wren, I've never had one on the bike so it will have to be up to you for the patterns in Orange? Maybe white piping? PM me with a price and address. Thanx
  7. J

Tire and Wheel Sizes

Main use will be running around car swap meets, using a 212cc Predator for power and at some point my put a sidecar on it.
  8. J

Tire and Wheel Sizes

I have a Bird Wren frame and the space between the axle tabs is approx. 5 3/8" and the tab is drilled out to 5/8" for the axle. What would be the maximum size wheel/tire/sprocket size I can use and to replace the scuff brake would I be better with a band style or disc style brake? I'm also a...
  9. J

After taking the engine mount off the frame I now have 13.825 inches of vertical clearance to I won't need to dismount the fuel tank. It looks like it was actually an adaptor plate of some sort. :smile:
  10. J

Measuring the dimensions of the engine 15.4" L x 12.6" W x 13.6" H as a unit but if I remove the tank I can get it to fit with the top rail running between the stock muffler and air cleaner. With 5.25 between rear axle mounts what is the largest size wheel and tire I can run without frame...
  11. J

I guess I'll find out, engine ordered
  12. J

Looking at the Predator engines and there seems to be 2 different ones, the Hemi and non-Hemi, is there one that produces more power stock or modified than the other? Not sure if an engine up-grade is required but I want to do it right the first time.
  13. J

It was already sold when I got there, this is what my start is, used to dealing with a lot more cylinders and tires.,
  14. J

Bought a Bird Wren with the hopes of upgrading it so it can carry me around swap meets. At 250 lbs., I planning to upgrade to a Predator Hemi engine and a 5" rear wheel and tire. Does anyone think it will work and then will I have to add an engine upgrade kit and what size sprockets?
  15. Bird Wren

Bird Wren

As bought at the California Hot Rod Reunion for $50