Recent content by la1

1. la1

80202 over size piston question

so measure the piston and add 1 hundredth (.01) and use this number to bore the cylinder to ?
  2. la1

Any honing tips and hone to use. I have a hone not sure if it is too big
  3. la1

I am overhauling my 80202. I have to go to the .010 piston. For the size to hone the cylinder to. Do I just add .010 to the the small size cylinder bore
  4. la1

VERT B&S 9ci mower question about a Pulsa Jet

it was just as you said the small bolt screwed right in and made its own threads
  5. la1

I was thinking that also, the screw does not look like a self taping screw. its the standard one they use. unless you mean they taped it with the screw and then installed the other screw. Yeah probably will tap it out myself.
  6. la1

5 Hp flat head/ scored cylinder

If its aluminum should be able to hone the cylinder to the next oversize piston. Ebay has a boat load of parts. I think the over sized pistons go up by 1/100 of an inch .01 .02 .03 going by memory on that.
  7. la1

I bought a NOS Pulsa Jet carb on ebay and a fuel tank for my mower. Got it all together and found out the choke linkage cover bolt hole is not threaded , its not stripped out, just was never taped at the factory. Would anyone know what type of thread this would be. Probably will end up taking to...
  8. la1

inch lbs. torque wrench

I just bought the same torque wrench it was $9.98 or something like that with a coupon. I always download the pdf manual for the HFT tool and file away the paper manual.
  9. la1

Word Association Game

Bonds
  10. la1

Motorcycles... post yours

why do the posted pics come out so small on some of the posts
  11. la1

It was part. The main reason was labor disputes and the workers locking out the factories. I had a triumph 650cc I liked it , except it had an oil tank in the one frame down tubes that cracked and leaked oil. The zenor diode voltage regulator kept burning out. The Japanese bikes didn't leak they...
  12. la1

Here is a 1969 Honda CB750 That I restored. I bought the bike as a parts bike. The owner took the engine apart and then lost interest. When I saw that the engine cases were sand cast and the oil filter cover did not have cooling fins I knew this was a first year Honda CB750.
  13. la1

I have not had a motorcycle since the late 70's , here is a picture from when I did of using one Honda 750 to start up another 750 engine I just rebuilt.
  14. la1

Where are the snow shoveling, grass cutting kids?

their parents give them a double maybe triple digit allowance. so they do not need to do anything to make money. Back in the 60's when I was a pre-teen my parents gave me 75 cents per week for allowance. One summer a friend and myself collected deposit soda bottles along the roadside getting 3...
  15. la1

Global Cooling

that reminds me of Latka on Taxi he had a pamphlet "10 reasons not to live in America" one was "...they have their bathrooms in their houses" seriously though we have TP and animals do not.