Recent content by marcro

1. M

Ruppster Wanted

Looking for a very nice orginal or restored Ruppster from the 1970's, was going to get a golf cart for the cottage but then I thought how cool it would be to drive around in a vintage Ruppster. Good mate to my restored Ruttman minibike. Will look at project one as well.
  2. M

Ruttman Spyder Finished

Thanks Cheezy1 for those decals!!!!! They do finish it off nicely, I should have mentioned you in the first post, me bad......I was in a rush.....:thumbsup:
  3. M

Ruttman Spyder Finished

I did not paint the tank as they were not painted from new and they probably did not match then, not to mention trying to get paint to stick to 30 year old plastic, gives it a nice original patina look to it. The rear fender is supposed to be chrome as well but I ran out of time and just had it...
  4. M

Ruttman Spyder Finished

Well, here it is, after new paint (1970 Hemi Orange), new seat from Dean Herron, engine rebuilt by Milton Small Engines (broken and welded crank in old unit) and final detailing, cleaning, assembly by my son David and myself its all done and waiting for the snow to melt up here.
  5. 2011_03020004

2011_03020004

6. 2011_03020003

2011_03020003

Finsihed Ruttman
  7. M

For The Life Of Me - Shipping rant

FYI, if you are selling to anyone in Canada USPS is the ONLY way to go. UPS charges $35-40 brokerage fee for customs at the border even if it is a $1.00 part!!! Learned that the hard way. And USPS is super fast,
  8. M

Ruttman Spyder Rear Fender

Wanted Ruttman rear fender 4" wide, will look at any condition. It is the only major piece missing on my restoration.
  9. M

Ruttman Model????

Anybody know what colours these spyders came in? I see orange, green, blue, black etc. Purple?
  10. M

Ruttman Model????

Whats a Pac Mule? Is there a big difference? Good advice on the engine, it runs but is super hard to pull over, lifts the bike right off the ground? Any ideas what could be causing this? The pull mechanism seems nice and free, seems like its got major compression.???
  11. M

Ruttman Model????

Wow!!!!! What a lighting fast response! Now to find the parts I need........are there any HS50 NOS engines left out there for sale or should I just rebuild this one?
  12. M

Ruttman Model????

I thought that myself but I am not sure, I would like to restore it properly to OE specs, thats why I want to know for sure what I have.
  13. 2011_01050002

2011_01050002

14. M

Ruttman Model????

Hi guys, new to the forum, have this bike but I dont know what model it is or what year. The engine is a 5HP HS50-67001C SER 8170B. I think its an 'Ugly' but what model, year? the Serial Number sticker is half worn away,
  15. 2011_01050008

2011_01050008