Recent content by Mister King

1. M

Gearing Issue with Bike

Let's assume I run a 10 tooth clutch with a 60 tooth back sprocket, what would my jackshaft in and out have to be to make it work? 10 : 60 would be a 1:6 so if I cut it in half like you said, I would be running a 1:12 which should be more than enough, rite?
  2. M

Gearing Issue with Bike

Currently have a 212cc Predator motor on a 1971 Honda CL100 frame. The tires are about 20in and about 2in thick. (Rough estimate.) I am running a 10 tooth front sprocket and a 43 tooth back sprocket. It is putting so much pressure on the clutch I completely destroyed a Max Torque clutch within...
  3. M

[212cc Predator] Adjusting Idle

Everything on the motor is stock except the air filter and exhaust. It still has the governor in the motor. I do not know why my idle has to be set so high. I can get photos if that would help. I am going to try purchasing the new springs.
  4. M

Looking to buy a #40 Sprocket with about 70T

I understand 70 is hue but I am gonna have it on a heavy 2 person bike with 20 inch wheels and no jackshaft or TAV setup. A 60 might be a bit too small but I may give it a shot.
  5. M

Looking to buy a #40 Sprocket with about 70T

As the title says, I am looking to buy a #40 sprocket with roughly 70 teeth. Less or more is fine. Haven't been able to find a good one online and am looking for some recommendations in where to look it if someone has one for sale I would be interested in working something out. Any info is...
  6. M

Yes, I am using it. Where do you find this specific spring?
  7. M

With the current throttle set-up I am running, I do not have much play. (Throttle only turns about an inch.) I have been playing with the idle screw but am having a hard time finding an in between. I am having to set the idle so high that it is engaging the clutch which causes the bike to move...
  8. M

Need Help Choosing New Sprocket

As for the jackshaft setup, I am a little more just looking to get a new back sprocket. Top speed I am not worried about. With this 43 tooth the top speed is slightly over 50 MPH but taking off is ridiculously slow with just me on it. This bike is going to be holding 2 people at most times...
  9. M

I have just come to the conclusion I am just going to buy a new back sprocket that is larger than a 43 tooth. I was thinking something like 60 tooth? Any recommendations to sprocket size?
  10. M

Just put a new clutch on my Honda CL100 with a HF 212cc Predator and by the time I got back home the clutch was smoking and bright red. I am assuming it is because the back sprocket is much too small. (I have been planning on buying a new back sprocket anyways because the one I have now has a...
  11. M

212cc Predator Mod Questions

Thanks for the quick replies. I am not worried about going any faster than 40 MPH (which it seemed to do ~50 MPH just fine with me on it and with everything pretty much stock). What my main concern is, I am getting a new seat for this bike and a back rest welded onto it so it will be meant for...
  12. M

212cc Predator Mod Questions

Purchased a 1971 Honda CL100 frame and it came with a 212cc Predator motor on the frame. I have been doing some restoration work on the frame and intend on keeping the Predator motor there as it is working much better than I expected it to. The motor was purchased in August of 2013 here in...