[212cc Predator] Adjusting Idle

With the current throttle set-up I am running, I do not have much play. (Throttle only turns about an inch.) I have been playing with the idle screw but am having a hard time finding an in between. I am having to set the idle so high that it is engaging the clutch which causes the bike to move about 5 MPH if my feet aren't holding it in place. If I set the idle any lower, when I give the motor gas it just dies no matter how slow I attempt to go about it.

I am very inexperienced with these motors so any input is appreciated.

I had the problem of the engine revving higher after doing light mods to my Predator (intakes/air filter/header) and engaging my clutch. No matter how low I set the idle I pretty much had to hold the bike back on startup. I changed the spring in my Max-Torque clutch from the stock silver to the heavier black so it engages around 2900-3000rpm. Problem solved:thumbsup:

Mister King are you using the govenor or not ?
Yes, I am using it.

I had the problem of the engine revving higher after doing light mods to my Predator (intakes/air filter/header) and engaging my clutch. No matter how low I set the idle I pretty much had to hold the bike back on startup. I changed the spring in my Max-Torque clutch from the stock silver to the heavier black so it engages around 2900-3000rpm. Problem solved:thumbsup:
Where do you find this specific spring?

I had to change mine after heavily modding the stock engine. My idle won't go below 1900

Btw there's a trick to changing the spring. Youtube and maybe bmi have videos on changing it

With the current throttle set-up I am running, I do not have much play. (Throttle only turns about an inch.) I have been playing with the idle screw but am having a hard time finding an in between. I am having to set the idle so high that it is engaging the clutch which causes the bike to move about 5 MPH if my feet aren't holding it in place. If I set the idle any lower, when I give the motor gas it just dies no matter how slow I attempt to go about it.

I am very inexperienced with these motors so any input is appreciated.
So if your throttle is only moving about a inch, sounds like your linkage is not right..is that what you are saying ? Is this engine stock or modified ?

So if your throttle is only moving about a inch, sounds like your linkage is not right..is that what you are saying ? Is this engine stock or modified ?
I agree. You should have a lot of movement on a throttle. I have a modded 212 and it fires right up and idles pretty low.

I have around 3 or so inches of movement. I would check the throttle cable at the the throttle linkage and see if the throttle is getting "pulled" on at idle.:thumbsup:

I agree. You should have a lot of movement on a throttle. I have a modded 212 and it fires right up and idles pretty low.

I have around 3 or so inches of movement. I would check the throttle cable at the the throttle linkage and see if the throttle is getting "pulled" on at idle.:thumbsup:
Everything on the motor is stock except the air filter and exhaust. It still has the governor in the motor. I do not know why my idle has to be set so high. I can get photos if that would help. I am going to try purchasing the new springs.