Recent content by Roogus

1. R

Lowering a Dirt Bug

Well thank you for the help!!
  2. R

Lowering a Dirt Bug

Does the increased angle of the raised axle mounts affect anything with the chain or clutch?
  3. R

Lowering a Dirt Bug

I have a Dirt Bug that I'm going to stretch, and I want to lower. I understand how to stretch them, but I'm unsure on the lowering. Could someone explain how you lower them? I did a search, and didn't find anything. Thank you.
  4. R

Fox Jack Shaft

Hahaha thanks..now I have that song stuck in my head.."Gonna flyyy noooow..da da daaa"!! I'll check out OldMiniBikes! Thanks for the tip!!
  5. R

Fox Jack Shaft

It's a 5/8" shaft 7 1/4" long. I managed to get it cut out, and knocked out the rusty old bearings!!
  6. R

Fox Jack Shaft

Thank you so much for your responses I appreciate them! I'm assuming after I cut it out I'll have to fab a shaft from scratch, and find the appropriate sprockets? I've seen videos on people making them from a piece of stock with a keyway in it..is that the best way? Is the another way?
  7. R

Fox Jack Shaft

I thought about that buckeye, but before I picked up a hammer (mallet) I thought I'd ask.
  8. R

How to post pictures (Test Area)

Testing
  9. R

Fox Jack Shaft

Sooo I stared at this today scratching my head as to how to get it out of it's rusted location. Can someone get me some pointers as to how to get this Jack Shaft out of a 70's Fox? Did I do a search first? Yeees so no flaming...well maybe a little.. I am new, but I'm wearing Asbestos Underwear...
  10. Fox Jack Shaft

Fox Jack Shaft

Fox Jack Shaft
  11. Fox Jack Shaft

Fox Jack Shaft

Fox Jack Shaft
  12. R

Choosing wheels, tires, and sprockets

Wow Stargazer..that's a SWEET bike! I haven't seen many white ones..I was considering white..hmmm. I love the Shocker cut-out too!! That style is similar to what I thinking of doing. What is that canister with the blue hoses going to it? Thanks for sharing a pic!!!
  13. R

Buckeye.. Southern women are awesome..I have one too! I only have the one pic the guy texted me that was selling it..I forgot to take more before I disassembled it. Would you be able to I.D. which Fox I have? Do you have any pics of your I could see? I have to read how to upload pics still hahah...
  14. R

I'm sure I'll have more questions no doubt! I've already used a bigger hammer, a bigger punch, and a bigger wrench to get past all the rust on this poor old bike! You've really helped me with the wheel, clutch, and chain talk..all stuff I was unsure of. I did see the older posts, and wanted to...