Search results

1. L

homedone mods for briggs 5hp flathead?

I was wondering after hours of searching and not coming up with anything what are some mods you can do at home to a 5hp flathead without buying parts? I already am running a straight pipe, no gov, no low oil sensor, shaved the "eyebrows". besides raising the C/R what other mods are there to do...
  2. L

where to get briggs 5hp flathead performance parts

as the title states I have been looking for a while online for some performance parts for my briggs 5 hp flathead. I'm talking like air filters, headers, muffs, carbs, timing advance keys... thanks.
  3. L

stripped exhaust bolt holes

ok I got a problem here, I made a custom exhaust and in the process of putting it on and taking it off I stripped the exhaust bolt holes really badly. any advice? and no the port itself isn't threaded either. the engine is a 5hp briggs I/C flathead
  4. L

Post pic's of your custom or homemade exhaust

I'm trying to get an Idea of an exhaust to build but there arn't very many pic's of exhausts on here so I figured I would make a thread where you can show off your homemade custom exhaust.
  5. L

5 hp briggs and stratton I/C flywheel question

ok I have a 5 hp Briggs and Stratton I/C engine with no governor, I was reading on here that stock flywheels can explode if revved to high. mine is cast iron I believe. does anyone know at what rpm they come apart? because when I'm really flyin down the street the engine is revved pretty high.