Search results

1. D

how to assemble rear wheel assembly?1971 arctic cat

ok i have a 1971/2 arctic cat mini bike and the rear wheel assembly is missig parts,and i have no clue what parts to buy to make it work. all i know is i need the chain tensioners and some sort of spacers? someone please help:shrug:
  2. D

not getting gas?!

ok this motor has been the best runner ever.carb/tank has never been split before(tank under cab) i ran the gocart till it had NO gas at all left in it yesterday.100% dry. i filled the tank up,and it randomly doesnt wanna fire and run,still has spark,compression etc,its just not getting...
  3. D

i think its a briggs?

ok i have a small black 2hp or so sized engine. it has side exhaust(on siude of the motor) and a carb setup that has a drop down tube that bolts to a regular almost briggs type carb like a carb that bolts direct to the block,but hangs down below connected to the tube. anyway to tlel...
  4. D

odd problem...?

ok so i have a smaller 2-3.5hp or so briggs stratton engine.when it runs,it runs strong. it was running great,and i let it sit for a while,and ever since,ive had nothing but problems with it. sure,i thought carb needed clean,so i rebuilt it and cleaned it. to get this thing started,i have to...
  5. D

5hp cam in 3.5hp?

will a 5hp cam fit into a 3.5hp engine? would a stock 5hp cam give performance to a 3.5hp at all?
  6. D

headlight??

well,i have a 1971 arctic cat climber,has a mild built 3.5hp briggs in it,i got it all painted new tires and all,its great,i love it to death but, i noticed originally this bike had a headlight,it has a mount in the front,so apparently some mini bikes have had headlights,and ive seen a few...
  7. D

pretty handy 15 y.o from az:D

hello, names dylan martin 15 years old.i live in mohave valley,arizona where it tends to reach the 120 degree mark,but only about 50 feet from the river:D.i LOVE oldschool stuff. fascinated with just about everything gas powered.ESPECIALLY small engines and minibikes/gocarts. even though im...
  8. D

boosting compression?the cheap way?

well,after a longgggg dam time i got my 1971 arctic cat mini bike goin,,,,,but i only had a 2hp briggs.it just doesnt have enough UMPFF to take off good enough with my butt on it. sooooo i go the motor for free.muaha. i want to boost the compression, now,i know i can mill the head,and...
  9. D

post your B&S throttle pics

i couldnt find a thread like this already. im sorry if this is a re-post of any kind. but everybody that has pics or can take pics of the throttle set-up on there briggs stratton engines,,,or even the honda 5.5 and clone 5.5 throttle ......post them up. i'd love to see some pictures
  10. D

honda 5.5 clone revvin dangerously high?

ive got 2 kinda older jiangdong honda 5.5hp clone engines. one runs just great and the other runs like raped ape,when i start it,even on choke it wants to take off! i take it off choke and dam the thing wants to do 90mph or just die. idle screw,jetting etc is all ok.i dont understand.i puit...
  11. D

need any 5/8" clutch:(

well,i finally got my little artic cat mini bike ready to rock. seeing as dam centrifugal clutches popped up as 35$+ i wondered if anyone on here has one they'd sell me cheaper? im only 15 so i cant afford 40 dollars for a clutch:( hell,it took me quite a bit of lawns to just get the bike...
  12. D

clinton a400 or a490 panther engine.trade

i have an old clinton 2 stroke panther engine.either an a400 or a490. i think a400. i had it running,but its been sittin for like 3 months. the buddyi got it from said he put new bearings and piston in it..BUT-DONT QUOTE ME BECAUSE I DONT KNOW. had original everything. ittle tlc and it...
  13. D

in yard for AGES.what is it?!?! pretty neat

well,ive took on this little bike as a project finally.it been in our back yard for years resting under a huge draping tree. it has front and rear suspension,with 3 engine mounting holes on the engine plate,jackshaft,drum breaks,some odd mount up front for a headlight or osmething? the...