Search results

1. K

Clutches - In over my head!

Guys... I'm completely bamboozled here! I have been looking and looking and a lot of reading but I'm not getting anywhere. I have my motor for my kart built and I need a solid clutch for it! Heres my motor specs: HF 6.5 Clone (in the case) [[All parts ordered through...
  2. K

g200 carb type bb issues????

If you wish to dis-engage / Remove the governor, then you will have to do the usual mods to the engine. Flywheel and rod replacements with their billet counterparts. Its either that or find a way to stop the throttle from opening past 3200 rpm but you will loose all of the motors power.
  3. K

My 6.5HF Clone update.

Also I figured out the reason for the hesitation. For some reason my engine is running rich at idle. I have adjusted the idle speed screw to get rpms up and the mix leans out at about 1200 rpm. As for tuning my mikuni... time to research :)
  4. K

Need Help Modifying Clone

You said your on a budget... what is the budget limit? I'm currently in the process of my first mod and have already replaced most of my engine except for the valve-train and cam. As far as modifying stock carb vs mikuni/tilly carb... i went with a Mikuni. I got that carb on the engine along...
  5. K

My 6.5HF Clone update.

Flywheel is already installed. I said the wrong thing in the video and the annotation was to correct my false statement.
  6. K

Got me a Funderbird need some info

kinda hard to tell but it looks like it will take a standard run of the mill 2-7hp small block. I dont see it having enough room for a TQ but i could be wrong. Hard to tell with the small pics.
  7. K

Will this cam work?

Xtreme: Get these parts here and you will see a HUGE difference in how the motor runs. These made my engine go from timid to a monster! Mikuni 22mm Carb kit from www.affardablegokarts.com. Get the kit that has the Carb, Filter and Pulse fitting. Mikuni Fuel Pump (Also be sure to get fuel...
  8. K

My 6.5HF Clone update.

Okay got my latest batch of parts in and installed. Heres a video to watch and then a question afterwards. YouTube - 6.5HP Clone Modified Okay Question time: When revving the engine it hesitates the revvs up. Is this a jetting issue or a header issue? Also my next addidtion will be the...
  9. K

My 6.5HF Clone update.

Got these items on the way: Mikuni 22mm Carb with airfilter & adaptor Arc Billet FW Fuel Pump and hoses Items Installed: ArcRod Flattop Piston. On my next purchase I plan to buy: Replacement valvetrain with: Push rods, vlaves, 26lb springs, split keepers and retianers with lashcaps, 1.2...
  10. K

new here and bought a hf clone for my cart and need advise.

Re-Using that fuel tank would be all fine and good except he didnt order a fuel pump for the kart (That is unless there is already one on the kart that i did not see)
  11. K

OEM GX200 Question

Lapping is a given as when the valve went it dinged the seat a little.
  12. K

OEM GX200 Question

My boss has a generator with an OEM GX200 in it. I dunno how but the intake valve came in contact with the piston and shattered the valve. The piston is fine and the rod did not suffer any damage. The question I have is; Will a clone valve set bolt up nice a pretty or would I have to swap...
  13. K

Arc Rod: Bearing necessary?

Thanks for the fast replies! Much appreciated :P
  14. K

Arc Rod: Bearing necessary?

Hey guys im getting ready to buy an Arc rod for my 6.5HF clone. Two questions: 1: Is this the rod that I want: Item #1 (NR_Racing) 2: Do I need the Arc Bearing for this rod: Item #2? I have stock Crank.
  15. K

Cam, rockers and valve train

Oh and one more thing... Minidragbike... your awesome videos on youtube are what led me here. Thanks for posting those vids!! How did the dual carb turn out??
  16. K

Well then with that said... what would be a good beginner cam for a little extra umph without having to modify too heavily. Like i said this is not going to be a radical engine. My budget for this motor is going to be around 300-350. had I have thought about it I would have just bought a race...
  17. K

Hi everyone. I love all of the info I have gotten from this site so far. But with all the reading I have done I am still somewhat baffled on a few things. Before i start with the questions. however, I want to let you know what I want and what I'm doing. I have a brand new HF-6.5c engine with...
  18. K

Recommendations for replacement carb??

Ok so any other ideas? Id like to have links if possible. I found an ebay listing for 2 5hp flowjet carbs. If any other ideas like tecumseh carbs I still need the adaptor. where can i get these?
  19. K

Gas Cap = New Diaphragm = I already overhauled the carb. Kyle
  20. K

Well if I dont wind up using it on my wood chipper than its all yours. The wood chipper runs at governed-WOT so there wont be an issue with the idle.