Search results

1. M

Benelli kick start seal leaking

Hello Guys, I have one of these Benelli Volcano 180's and the kickstart shaft seal is leaking. Does anyone know if I need to split the cases to replace this seal or can it be accessed through the opposite side cover? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Mailman ps. Does it have a...
  2. M

HS40 Crank Bearing Clip Needed???

Hello, I am putting a HS40 together for a friend and there is a clip that holds the crank bearing in place that I want to leave out. It doesn't look like it is needed. The clip is on the clutch side between the crank bearing and the seal. Any input or advise is greatly appreciated...
  3. M

H70 blows a little smoke after rebuild

Hey guys, I rebuilt an H70 recently. It blows a little white smoke in the higher rpms. Do I just need to give it a little time to break in the new rings? I honed the cylinder and put in a fresh aftermarket piston kit that I got off Ebay. I don't remember if it had chrome rings or not...
  4. M

H70 Bearing Retainer Question

Hey guys, I am rebuilding an H70 and upping the compression and have installed a billet rod. I only have 1 bearing retainer but the cover requires 2. Can I get away with 1 or should I run 2? Any idea where I could find another one? Any idea on the part number? I pulled up the...
  5. M

H35 Excessive Valve Clearance Issue

Hello all, I have a HT35 aspera motor which is pretty much the same as a H35 Tecumseh. I am rebuilding it and with new valves installed, the valve clearances are .014 and .028 for intake and exhaust, repectively. I know the clearances should be .004 and .008 as per spec and I know to grind the...