Search results

1. F

what's leaking gas on my Tecumseh ?

what spec plug would I need to plug up the engine? what's a good fuel line to buy online? seems like the less to break the better (?)
  2. F

Thanks - the tank is the original Silver Eagle part and up on the frame - hope it will sometime fire again - although the bike is heavy, the TAV did a good job of maximizing power plus it handled real well - lots better than say a Yerf mini:laugh:
  3. F

its not quite "mini" but I don't know where else to post - its a good size Tecumseh with series 20TAV on a vintage Cushman - I let it set too long - petcock was clogged - after getting flow, this plastic rectangular box piece seems to be leaking gas at a bad rate - what is this part called? what...
  4. F

chopper frame

agree- they were very well made - heavy tubing and good welds. I have the little chopper, big chopper and regular mini frame. Need a tab welded on the big one and a decent paint job. Are there custom frame builders who don't charge an arm, leg and kidney? I'd love to have a frame for a...
  5. F

is there such a thing as a 525cc single cylinder motor?

yeah - I think its a 305cc Intek (?) - it seems to like some choke - what adjustment to the carb might help? - it should be pretty peppy when running right and has a lot of torque- It sure could use a tire with thread and a more rounded profile - would this lawn and turf tire be good for the...
  6. F

Well it's in the Works

amazing restoration work so far - that blue is great
  7. F

Scored a lil' Indian Sabre

its beautiful:smile: - how well does the suspension work ride-wise? - is it hard to keep the front end down with that big motor?
  8. F

didn't get out til dark to see, but looks to me its only a 305cc motor rated maybe 10-11HP - I tried to jot down the inscription but may have made some errors. Its got a lot of torque compared to what I'm used to having - maybe too much for its jackshaft carriers (?) - there's some play between...
  9. F

hi Dan - ---would try to get some pix tonight but its raining outside - fwiw that engine feels stronger than 6.5 or my old 8 hp and it'll pull me up a road hill pretty fast - looks like something off a snowblower. Won the bike off Ebay last fall. I sure don't like that rear slick on damp...
  10. F

sorry that I don't have a picture of the left side of this little bike - got it last year and a paper tag said something like" 525cc, 14HP, 60+mph!" its got some slop on the jackshaft - I think the shaft's bearings might have around 1/16" -- maybe a hair more play in their carriers - is that...
  11. F

largest #35 sprocket for TAV2?

thanks - those extra two teeth would help - looks like I've got 10T on the TAV, around 60 on the rear wheel whose tire diameter is around 12" - my fixed speed Yerf has a lot better pickup what cheap and cheerful stuff will cut the funky white motor corrosion?
  12. F

I'm currently at 10 #35 teeth on the TAV sprocket -it seems Comet only goes to 12T - that's better than nothing but still in the wall climbing gearing range with a small rear wheel - 14-15T would be a big help but not sure if such a sprocket exists which would fit without machining off a chunk...
  13. F

I've got several minis with small tires and things are geared way too low - more like a tractor or tiller than a minibike. I can't go smaller on the rear wheel sprocket. What is the largest stock #35 sprocket to fit a TAV2 without modification and where might it be purchased? Another thing...
  14. F

froze bushing on TAV2 - can it be salvaged?

put a lot of my toys away in 2005 - packed into a shed - humidity has taken its toll - I want to mount this on a 3.5HP minibike but can't unfreeze the bronze bearing. Heating in an oven did no good. Its going to be tough to remove unless can cut it with a Dremel and hope not to nick the pulley
  15. F

My 69 Roadster with new engine and Roadster II wheels

that dam jackshaft must be the thorn in many mini - I've got probs on my new/old 13hp snow blower mo chopper-mini where the bearing carriers seem a bit loose. At age 61 it might not be fun for me to lock up at 40mph :crying:
  16. F

My 69 Roadster with new engine and Roadster II wheels

gorgeous restoration - it must feel great (and maybe scarey-lol) at high speed. 45 years ago I had a Big Bear Scrambler which went pretty fast - til it'd throw the jackshaft. IT' be fun to see your videos
  17. F

tire , etc. for a mini-chopper

still got to fix this bike - I have no mobility and will have to order a rear tire - is there something cheap which will work in place of the 18x9.5x8 slick? There's no room in the mounting plate to slide the 426cc engine to take up slack on the stretched chain from torque converter to jackshaft...
  18. F

tire , etc. for a mini-chopper

(not sure if this bike fits the "old mini" but am pretty sure its older than my Yerf) - -picked up a nice bike on auction, sporting by description a 426cc Briggs/"13hp" engine, comet torque converter, and good frame. Right now the chain from the TC to the jackshaft has way too much slack and...
  19. F

The Widowmaker

she's a keeper!
  20. F

Yerf bearing - Wheel = throwaway?

my Yerf mini seemed messed up from the getgo, after it threw the rear drive chain it was apparent the rear bearing had fallen apart. Upon pulling the axle to gain access to the bearing, I found that the bearing casing seemed to be either fused with the wheel or difficult to remove - perhaps...