what's leaking gas on my Tecumseh ?

its not quite "mini" but I don't know where else to post - its a good size Tecumseh with series 20TAV on a vintage Cushman - I let it set too long - petcock was clogged - after getting flow, this plastic rectangular box piece seems to be leaking gas at a bad rate - what is this part called? what is its function? - this was a cool bike - I've suffered from vertigo for over 40yr and the only ride I might get legal will be a 49cc motorized bike - humidity is ruining all my steel toys

leaky part

motor/TAV

looks like a fuel pump.not needed if your tank is higher then the carb
take it off and plug the hole in the crankcase.just run your fuel line from the tank to the carb
not sure why it's even on there :shrug:

if your tank is lower then the carb either rebuild the pump or replace it, there cheap

Last edited:

trinik7597

looks like a fuel pump.not needed if your tank is higher then the carb
take it off and plug the hole in the crankcase.just run your fuel line from the tank to the carb
not sure why it's even on there :shrug:
Most of the larger tecs and briggs come stock with a fuel pump:thumbsup:

I've got a few larger tecs and none of them have any.seen a lot of large snowblowers up here with large tecs too without them
first one I've seen with one

Thanks - the tank is the original Silver Eagle part and up on the frame - hope it will sometime fire again - although the bike is heavy, the TAV did a good job of maximizing power plus it handled real well - lots better than say a Yerf mini:laugh:

trinik7597

I've got a few larger tecs and none of them have any.seen a lot of large snowblowers up here with large tecs too without them
first one I've seen with one
every trac vac i have ever had has had one maybe it depends on what they come on ??? but no matter its still a fuel pump :thumbsup:

what spec plug would I need to plug up the engine? what's a good fuel line to buy online? seems like the less to break the better (?)