Search results

1. Dodgeboydan

Frustrated with vertical shaft Kawasaki exhaust!!

Do any of you guys have any experience with Kawasaki’s. My Scag walk behind has an older FC420v single cylinder on it, which has been really reliable. Was mowing the other day and the pipe from the exhaust port to the muffler fell to pieces. Not a clue it was that rusted. On top of that...
  2. Dodgeboydan

Bonanza Drag Bike

Hey guys. It’s been a long while since I posted. Life got in the way of me finishing my project, but I’m back and ready to finally finish this build. Back story: I was given this frame and forks by slywilliez about 6 years ago. The intent was to use a Honda CR80 2stroke for power, but it never...
  3. Dodgeboydan

18cc head stock?

Just finished the tear down of my gx200 clone. I decided to see what the stock chamber volume was. After checking my results twice, I confirmed that it measures 18 cc. I thought maybe I had a gx160 clone, but I checked the bore and stroke, and it's deffinately a gx200. This engine appears to be...
  4. Dodgeboydan

Tillotson info needed

Just bought two Tillys off evil bay. One is a hl 334a, and the other is a hl 363a. The seller said they are both methanol carbs. I'm wanting to run one on my modified clone, and I was wondering which would be the better choice? Also which is the larger, and which is smaller?:scooter:
  5. Dodgeboydan

Rocker arms. How do they compare

I searched around quite a bit for this, but wasn't able to find the answer. I'm building a red clone and it will be getting the Isky Black Mamba cam, as well as 26 lb springs, stainless, stock size valves, a gx160 head, and flat top standard bore piston. I'm torn on rockers to use. I am under a...
  6. Dodgeboydan

Clone aftermarket flywheel

Looking for a gx200 clone flywheel. Any manufacturer preferably billet Aluminum. Does not need to be adjustable
  7. Dodgeboydan

5hp on nitro?

I've been toying with the idea of puting a 5hp on some nitro. Yes I know it sounds crazy! I already have a billet horstman rod that will work, and I was planning on using a I/C block to get the iron cylinder liner. Probably go after a Tilly alcohol carb. The goal is to start small to prevent a...
  8. Dodgeboydan

Vintage tractors... Let's see 'em

Anybody here into vintage tractors. I'm in the process of restoring a 1969 Simplicity 3112v garden tractor. I'll try to get some pics up on here. Let's see what you got:thumbsup:
  9. Dodgeboydan

5hp bearing or bushing???

I have a 5hp Briggs on my walk behind leaf blower( of all things:laugh:) and I keep killing rods in it. The blower fan is crazy heavy, probably 20-25 lbs. my question is, would I benefit from trying to find a bearing motor( the one on it is bushing) or should I look closer at maybe an...
  10. Dodgeboydan

Minibikes Anonymous

Hello everyone. My name is Dan. I have an addiction to minibikes. This addiction is running my life. My garage is being over-run. I loose sleep because my addiction leaves me with a nagging feeling that I MUST search Craigslist and eBay at all hours. My wife now says that I sleep with my arms...
  11. Dodgeboydan

Bridgeport tooling

Hey guys. I'm getting my 9x42 Bridgeport mill up and running. Its time to tool up, so I was wondering if anyone has anything for sale. Even a good tool that I can find at a decent price would be great. Im looking for a small boring head, a set of r8 collets, end mills both carbide and hss...
  12. Dodgeboydan

BRAAAAAP! Two stroke exhaust help

Well I'm putting a Honda cr80 engine on my project, and I need a silencer. I'm running the stock expansion chamber, but a stock dirtbike silencer won't fit. Anybody have any suggestions?
  13. Dodgeboydan

#41 sprocket HELP!!

Hey guys. Looking for a #41 sprocket for my project. I need something around 35 to 40 teeth. I have been searching to no avail. Mounting is not an issue, as I will get the correct hub to match:confused:
  14. Dodgeboydan

Rear sproter???

Hey guys. I'm wondering if anyone has tried a setup with a caliper clamping onto a rear sprocket. I'm thinking of going this route on my build. I have seen this done on motorcycles, but never a mini. Any thoughts?:shrug:
  15. Dodgeboydan

Banzai Bonanza update #2

Hey guys, Been a while since I posted anything on my build, so here's some new stuff. Forks are raked now with the front wheel mocked up. Also go the upper wheelie bar mounts welded on. I'll have more asap.
  16. Dodgeboydan

Banzai Bonanza update

Hey guys, As promised, here's some pics of the motor mounts that me and Slywilliez came up with. We tried to go the cleanest and simplest route that we could come up with. All that's left is to dress the welds, make it look pretty, and give it some paint
  17. Dodgeboydan

5/8 or 3/4 inch jackshaft?

Hey guys I was looking around at jackshafts for my bonanza project an nnoticed something. I was going to run a 5/8 jackshaft and sprockets for a 40/41/420 chain but I stumbled across the asuza jackshaft kit and when you go to a 40/41 chain, the only kit I could find has a 3/4 jackshaft...
  18. Dodgeboydan

Banzai Bonanza drag bike

12/6/11. This is a new project I'm starting. It starts with an 1100 frame and forks, a cart rear tire, and a Honda cr80 motor. Here's a couple pics of the mockup so far. I'm going to start on it this weekend so hopefully next week I'll have some pics of the progress. Hope you guys like it
  19. Dodgeboydan

Bonanza Drag Bike

Hey everyone I'm new to the OldMiniBikes forums. I found out about you guys from slywilliez. Anyway I'm starting a build of a bonanza drag bike. It's an 1100 frame and forks, and it's going to be powered by a Honda CR80 motor. I'm in the mock-up stage right now, and I do have pics once I...