5/8 or 3/4 inch jackshaft?

Hey guys
I was looking around at jackshafts for my bonanza project an nnoticed something. I was going to run a 5/8 jackshaft and sprockets for a 40/41/420 chain but I stumbled across the asuza jackshaft kit and when you go to a 40/41 chain, the only kit I could find has a 3/4 jackshaft. Do you guys have an opinion on which I should go with?:shrug:

1BadFox

Hey guys
I was looking around at jackshafts for my bonanza project an nnoticed something. I was going to run a 5/8 jackshaft and sprockets for a 40/41/420 chain but I stumbled across the asuza jackshaft kit and when you go to a 40/41 chain, the only kit I could find has a 3/4 jackshaft. Do you guys have an opinion on which I should go with?:shrug:
You can run whatever chain you want on any size jack shaft. The jack shaft sprocket that you choose will determine that.

I run a #35 chain sprocket from the engine on my 5/8 jack shaft and then #40 sprocket out to the drive wheel. MFG kart supply has the most choices of the ones that ive seen.

Motra

Most minibikes use 1 3/8" OD bearings which pretty much limits your choice to 5/8" shaft size. 3/4" ID X 1 3/8" OD bearings are hard, if not impossible, to find.