Search results

1. D

1976 Yamaha Champ

My brother just dropped off a '76 Champ that needs a bit of work. Where should I post about finding parts for this? It needs both sprockets, chain, and chain adjusters.
  2. D

6th ANNUAL LAST CHANCE MINI BIKE SHOW - MOTOR CITY MINIS - SEPT 26TH THRU 28TH

How long is the ride Saturday? How long will Sunday's ride be?
  3. D

Predator Valve lash plus other questions

Would of been nice for ARC to tell you to remove the oil shutdown sensor before installing their rod. The dipper hits the oil sensor. I removed it and cut the wire. Will this affect the ignition system or do I have to ground the wire?
  4. D

I verified that the flywheel does have advance built in. Now I have an issue with assembly. I had my piston and rod laid out so I could assemble the ARC rod. However doo doo happens and the parts got moved and I can't remember the orientation to reinstall the rod and piston. Piston has an...
  5. D

How can I tell if it has the built in advance. I have an ARC 6625. It has a note that it requires .030 coil gap and says it is set at 32 degrees BTDC. What is the stock setting?
  6. D

Upon inspection, the intake valve is longer than the exhaust valve and does not appear to need a lash cap.
  7. D

Watched the video which was helpful. Question: is there a lash cap on the intake valve. Also, on my old style Predator, I am installing a ARC +.020 rod and billet flywheel along with 18 pound springs and an offset key. Engine came with the thicker gasket. Can I install the thin steel...
  8. D

Detroit's motor city minis 3rd year anniversary party and swap meet

I would have loved to come to your event....would really like to find some decent vintage go kart stuff. Maybe next year..
  9. D

Starting Rupp Continental Project

Wow, after like two years I finally got paint and powder coated. I did ride it unpainted at least. I will probably have both my bikes at Brian's place next week.
  10. D

I have a photo in the "before and after" section. I am working on my other bike as well. Might be a roller for the meet.
  11. D

Cheezy....you going to be there so you can check the Rupp out?
  12. D

I am assuming there will be a section for "show" bikes? Do we need to enter or just show up?
  13. D

Rupp Chain Tension Adjusters

Not finding what I am looking for in searches....perhaps someone can lead me to locating the elliptical shaped washers that are used to adjust chain tension on my Rupp Continental?
  14. D

"Before and After" pics

Rupp Roadster, believe it is a 1969 model. Before and after. I still have a few minor things to do like add the lights and get a new seat. I will post them when done. After:
  15. D

1969 Rupp Roadster Project

Got it finished and gave it a little test drive between rain showers. It felt great to finally get to ride it! I will try and work on getting a different power plant for it as soon as funds become available. Also, I want to get a different seat. I will post up pictures as soon as I can get...
  16. D

Just need to connect fuel line and add gas......hopefully I can get it on the street tomorrow.
  17. D

I would like to put something else in there but there is no budget. What should I put in there?
  18. D

We have wheels!
  19. D

Moving along now...should be on the ground tomorrow...
  20. D

It has been awhile, but I was delayed by my move from Whitmore Lake to Allen Park, then with fixing up the new house, school, my son's wedding, well I finally got a chance to paint the chassis after almost a year and a half. Too bad that it is cold out because I could have this thing running...