Search results

1. V

Valmobile Folding Scooter- Maryland

Sold This bike was sold and is apparently on its way to Italy. Thanks to those of you who helped me with its restoration and sale.
  2. V

Valmobile Carb

I found the bands and the belt. The bands came from Danny at Moped Land in Great Britain. The belt is was Gates 3250 21/32" and came from Rock Auto for about $5. Just thought I would help out anybody else who is looking for these parts! The Valmobile is now for sale in case anybody is...
  3. V

Bump, more pictures, and another price drop to $600.
  4. V

Bump and price drop to $700. Make an offer.
  5. V

Bump and price drop to $1000. Willing to hear offers.
  6. V

More pictures
  7. V

Here are some additional pictures of the Valmobile. You can see where the frame on the front right of the bike is slightly bent. This does not appear to impact the bike's operation.
  8. V

I have a 1960s Valmobile foldable 49cc scooter for sale. The bike runs and drives. The Valmobile has a Moto Minarelli carb on it which is not original. It also has an aftermarket fuel tank and is missing one of the side panels (right side). Some of these modifications prevent the scooter from...
  9. V

Valmobile V-Belt Size

Anybody have any idea of the size of the V-Belt on a 1960's Valmobile? Maybe somebody out there has a Valmobile and could take a look under the hood?
  10. V

Valmobile Carb

No ideas on this belt size? Can anybody help on a source for the rubber bands that make up the rear suspension? I have included some photos below. I need the thicker black rubber bands that are visible in the photos. Thanks for any help you are able to provide!
  11. V

Valmobile Carb

After lots of cleaning of the mismatched carb I had for the valmobile, I got things running today. It ran for about 20 minutes nice and smoothly but since the throttle system is not working, the bike isn't rideable. The things I still need to address are the drive belt, suspension rubber...
  12. V

Valmobile Carb

Any idea on the proper drive belt size for the Valmobile? Any good sources for these? I got the Valmobile to start last night. It only runs for a second when I spray fuel directly into the cylinder head, but it was a fun thing to hear the Valmobile running again after 15 years!
  13. V

Valmobile Carb

Thanks again. I will give the Mikuni a try and see what happens. I love the sidecar but those are apparently very rare.The whole mechanism pivots to allow the bike to lean. Putting the golf clubs in there seems like a very cool way to play a round of golf.
  14. V

Valmobile Carb

Wow. Thanks Wayne. I see that the Amal 392 correlates to "a 20mm bore on mounting flange with a bolt spacing of 38mm". The Mikuni VM20-273 seems comparable with the Amal 392. Here are the specifications for the Mikuni. No Specs Item Specs 1 Carburetor size (mm) 20 2 Main Jet Size 180 3...
  15. V

Valmobile Carb

Here are some photos. This is not my valmobile of course, but this shows the original carb, which may be more helpful anyhow.
  16. V

Valmobile Carb

I see that the link I posted did not work. I will take some photos this evening and post them tomorrow morning.
  17. V

Valmobile Carb

Sorry for the delay. We have been having some problems with power outages here on the east coast. When I say "turn over" I mean start. Maybe I am using the incorrect terminology here? The intake and exhaust manifolds are cast along with the crank case. There are some pictures here with...
  18. V

Valmobile Carb

I have a 1960's Valmobile and am trying to get it running again. I have spark and compression but so far have not been able to get it to turn over. I know that the bike ran about 10 years ago. I will experiment with getting it started by manually squirting fuel into the intake, but will...
  19. V

Valmobile

I think the decision is to at least get it running and then determine the extent of restoration desired and potential sale. So when purchasing the new carb, its clear that an original is neither available or optional. I dont know if I can even find the specs of the original. How do you size...