Search results

1. big"D"®

Comment by 'big"D"' in media '100_00031'

Custom Cat 400X Rupp Trail tires, 5 hp Briggs, custom seat and fender mounts. Also the most obvious upgrade is the ape hangers. Will be adding a sidecar made from an old coca-cola cooler for dog friends who want to join in.
  2. 100_00092

100_00092

3. 100_00031

100_00031

4. 100_00051

100_00051

5. big"D"®

Comment by 'big"D"' in media 'Angry Orphan'

I call it the Angry Orphan as it is very much like the Black Widow, front and rear brakes and suspension, torque converter with no lights. With the smaller wheels it just seems like it's still a kid. So rather than an adult Black Widow, this unit is still a bit childish but has a Fierce Attitude...
  6. Angry Orphan

Angry Orphan

This is a custom 1970 Rupp Sprint. 6 hp Tecumseh with a series 30 Comet torque converter. The wheels are from a 1969 Roadster as now this Sprint has front and rear brakes. It has the Italian speedway brake shoes and assemblies like the big Rupps from 71 and up with custom drums made from a...
  7. big"D"®

Maine/new hampshire

Mini Bike Show or race in Maine I would love to find a Mini Bike show or event in Maine... My and my custom Rupp Sprint would be there in a heartbeat...
  8. big"D"®

Valve clearance on a 5hp flathead????

I have a Briggs flat-5 that was running great. It came off a snow thrower and is now on my Cat 400x... I had a problem with the valve sticking. The sludge on the intake valve was so much that it would cause the valve to stick when cooled after running. I took the valve out, cleaned everything up...
  9. big"D"®

Rupp Sprint mini bike with torque converter

MB165, there is a formula for figuring out belt sizes. Check out this chart. You can set your engines crankshaft center to a predetermined distance from the center of the jack-shaft then order the belt you need. Series 20 is symmetrical and series 30 is asymmetrical. The key aspect of this chart...
  10. big"D"®

Comment by 'big"D"' in media 'IMG_5473'

NICE...
  11. big"D"®

Just kinda wondering what you all think of it?
  12. big"D"®

A few years ago I went to the dump and in the metal pile was an old mini bike frame and wheels. I latter figured out it was a 1970 Rupp Sprint. I put a motor and clutch on it and had a little fun. I couldn't help but think how easy it would be to throw a torque converter on it like the bigger...
  13. 1970 Rupp Sprint with torque converter

1970 Rupp Sprint with torque converter

14. 1970 Rupp Sprint with torque converter

15. 1970 Rupp Sprint with torque converter

16. big"D"®

How to: Rupp Turbine wheels

Thanks...
  17. big"D"®

How to: Rupp Turbine wheels

What is the best way to take old bearings out of old Turbine wheels? I have some Rupp Turbine wheels that I want to rebuild. I have one set that are from a 1969 Roadster with front and rear brakes. Those are in great shape but I want to use them on a 1970 Rupp Sprint. I am putting a Torque...
  18. big"D"®

Lil' Indian HellCat? Sensation Go Devil? It's not a Rupp

The strange thing is, I have another mini bike that I they say came from Tractor-Supply, it looks just like the model 3603 in the Alexander-Reynolds flyer publication. So my frame came with the front spring set-up so it looks like it would have been the Buccaneer. It also had remnants of some...
  19. big"D"®

You say here's a picture but I ain't seeing no picture... Wish I could...
  20. big"D"®

The best I can tell this is a Lil' Indian Hellcat. It also resembles a Sensation Go Devil. I know it's not a Rupp but the guy I got it from insisted it was. I have the front forks too. They are sprung and the bike had spoked wheels 10 or 12" wheels. The gas tank is plastic...