Search results

1. I

Honda GC engine lighting coil upgrade. It does work.

I respect your concern. However, we are talking about general use engines. .030 tolerance is the best we may ever see. IF you want to race or build a high rpm CLONE engine as you keep refering to... then take further precautions. :wink:
  2. I

No issues. I have 5 miles on it. The flywheel I purchsed is identical in diameter and thickness to mine. There is proper fittment with the coil. I didnt even touch it. I had no use for the starter ring so it left to make room. The taper is the same. This fit perfect without any wobble before...
  3. I

Could be. I had no use for the ring so it had to go.
  4. I

That alum. flywheel is on most GC engines. Some GC190 engines used a steel flywheel that was identical to the one in the photo. My engine originally had the aluminum unit like yours. I purchased a steel flywheel on the cheap and ran it or a while. I am not using the side cover for cooling...
  5. I

The stock GC ign. coil does in fact work if you remove the starter ring. Well... it works with these ebay parts I purchased listed as GX fittment.
  6. I

I just used a hammer and flat punch to knock the ring off. It was just pressed on. The coils are listed on Ebay along with the flywheel. New Honda GX160 GX200 5 5HP 6 5HP Flywheel Ring Gear with Charging Coil | eBay The flywheel is identical to my steel GC190 flywheel. The coils fit. So...
  7. I

I have the POWER! I purchased a flywheel and 2 lighting coils on ebay that are listed as fitting a GX160/200. I paid like $42 I think. The flywheel came with a starter ring attached. I had to remove it in order to clear the ign. coil. I then tapped the existing holes with a 6mmx1.00 tap and...
  8. I

Basket case Tecumseh 3.5 engine

I got this engine in a box with a bike purchase. I was told it runs fine. The PO took it apart with the idea he was going to put a larger piston in it. I guess he ran out of knowledge. :wink: The piston looks good. As does the cylinder. All the small parts are in the small box to the right...
  9. I

Single wire lighting coil connections

Nice. I have a Mr. Fusion so I am half way there. :doah:
  10. I

Single wire lighting coil connections

On an engine with a small 3 amp lighting coil with a single wire... How would it be wired to a light? Would I just run the wire to the + on the light and ground the - to the engine block? I am refering to a Honda GX with the single wire. Thanks,
  11. I

GX flywheel on a GC?

Can anyone tell me if the coil needs to be changed due to fitment or electrical resons? Thanks.
  12. I

Honda GX160/200 charging coil output?

Hey guys. I was wondering if any of you have used the single lighting / charging coil on the small GX engines. My qustion is.. Does it produce enough to run a small headlight and tail light? There is an aftermarket unit on ebay with a single coil that is priced right. It advertises a...
  13. I

servicycle bikes

I have mine ridable now. I welded up an exhaust and wrapped it. I am using the stock muffler. It makes this GC190 sound mean. I need to invest in a jug of locktite. These GC engines are not the smoothest on the planet. :hammer:
  14. I

Honda GC190 Carb not taking fuel

ya the bottom line has fuel.
  15. I

Here is how I have it run. You can see the fuel only fills a small part of the filter. Then the lower part of the line under the filter goes dry after it runs for a while. I have not checked the shut off valve yet. It was too damn hot here yesterday.
  16. I

Ill get a photo this evening.
  17. I

The bowl stays full while ther is fuel in the lower line. Then most of the bowl is used up then it stalls. When I loosen the screw on the bowl drain I can pass fuel right through it. So the flow is there.
  18. I

The engine will run. However, it will not draw any fuel through the line. The line is free and flows well when I remove it from the carb. When I put the line back on the carb, the engine will run fine but use all the fuel out of the lower part of the line and filter. It will do this with or...
  19. I

The bowl is full or near full. Should my filter fill up with fuel when I turn the fuel on? How did everyone else run their fuel?