Search results

1. D

Speedway Parts

Trying to revive a 1970 Speedway Scarab. I'm in need of: - Clutch - Driven Clutch - belt - Jack shaft (including bearings, sprocket, etc.) - Rear brake assembly From the research I've done, I'm pretty sure the rear brakes on this model were frame mounted disc brakes that used the...
  2. D

Arctic Cat worth it?

I'm looking for my next project, but am still quite green as to value. Is this a decent deal? Arctic Cat mini bike Prowler vintage
  3. D

Predator conversion

I think I'm done! I think. Maybe. Ok, maybe motovox front forks await ... But for now I'm done. Mechanically she runs like a top. Looks EXACTLY how I wanted her to. One last step remains ... Paint. Buuuut alas, here is my conversion: - predator swap - PMR mount plate - PMR clutch...
  4. D

Engine suggestion for speedway scarab

Picked up an old speedway bike at a garage sale. Pardon the noob question, but what type of new engine do I need for the slanted mount plate? I'm not looking to restore it, just want to have some fun with it. Can I put a bigger more adult friendly engine on it?
  5. D

ARC Top Place / Throttle Assembly

Can someone help a noob understand what the benefits are of the ARC top plate? It would seem to clean up the engine if you're using a remote fuel tank... but does it provide any benefits other than appearance?
  6. D

Need Several DB parts (old style)

Bought a beat up frame/roller and looking to get it up and running. Hoping some of y'all have extra parts lying around. I need: - handlebar brake lever (and cable if you have one lying around!) - brake caliper and pads - handlebar-mounted engine kill switch - Throttle assembly - Rear...
  7. D

Interesting?!?

New pred costs nearly that much Home made mini bike 6.5 hp
  8. D

Garage Sale for $100 - Speedway Scarab?

Found this gem (maybe?) at a local garage sale for $100. Engine turns over, but doesn't run. Frame has been painted, as was the motor. Motor was spray painted black, but looks like some gas leaked on it and revealed the original white :smile: From what I can tell online, its a speedway...
  9. D

Doodlebug Spring-loaded Chain Tensioner

I've seen a few pictures on the forum, and also ran across a few setups on youtube - but does anyone have (or know where I can find) a simple tutorial on how to make a spring-loaded chain tensioner for the DB using the stock rubber chain jockey? I think I understand the basic concept, and the...
  10. D

Which do you prefer? Old style DB or new?

Found another DB on craigslist for $200. Haven't bought it yet, but I went to look at it... its mint. The guy's grandson drove it 2-3 times and its been sitting for the last two years. Every sticker is on it... no scratch on it. However, its the newer style DB. $200 seems 'fair' ... but...
  11. D

Help with Doodlebug Remote Gas Tank

First ... I'm sorry if I've missed a thread(s) about this topic already. I searched, and while several have commented on remote tanks, they've generally done so on threads originally posted for another reason/question. OK ... so I bought a remote 2.5L tank meant for a bicycle; it arrived...
  12. D

Exhaust & Muffler for my DB project

Hey guys - my first post! I've been lurking on this forum for awhile now ever since finding a DB on craigslist. I've officially been inspired by the great looking bikes on this forum! Can someone point me in the direction of an underseat exhaust/muffler combination that will fit the newer...