Search results

1. TankforGod3

212 predator 22mm mikuni

I have a 212 predator I wanna install a 22mm carb and I can order everything tonight but I have a question. When I put the manifold on how will I get the carb studs out and what kind of bolts do I need to bolt the manifold onto the head. I'm not paying $30 for the manifold from nrracing so I'm...
  2. TankforGod3

arc Performance cast rod?

I've been checking out connecting rods for my engine and I came across thishttp://www.OldMiniBikes.com/?target=product&product_id=32297 it says its a performance cast rod from arc. Has anyone used thisk? are they worth anything? How many rpms will it hold up too? They are a whole lot easier on...
  3. TankforGod3

Steel connecting rods?

I was wondering if anyone makes a high performance steel connecting rod for the predator, one of my buddies revs his engine to 6500rpm on the stock rod and refuses to upgrade to a billet aluminum rod, because its aluminum. I also don't want him to learn the hard way that stock rods aren't meant...
  4. TankforGod3

The predator engines underdog story

Ever since I was little we have always had a 150cc gy6 yerf dog go kart, and it was always the baddest one around no matter who came to race it. When I was little I helped my dad build that engine and after we got it we put some kind of mean atv carb on it, a connecting rod, and a cdi. There is...
  5. TankforGod3

pushing the 212 beyond the limits?

Okay guys first of all I want to say I am not TankforGod3 I am using his account to post this. I put a 212 predator on my go kart witch still has a governor and got a racing air filter, rlv header, .035" main jet, and a gx-140 e tube, These are the only mods done to this engine but I decided to...
  6. TankforGod3

212 predator stock rod strength

I currently have the 212 predator with the hemi head and I have it modified to run 4500 rpms, keep in mind it still has the stock rod, now when I rode it before I ran about 5 miles usually wide open most of the time. Since my increase in rpms from 3600 to 4500 rpms will the stock rod be safe, I...
  7. TankforGod3

My tricky TAV

I know this bs has caused me lots of trouble and money but I have found my problem to my TAV system. It was not something that normally should never happen... I have had all kinds of trouble with my TAV on my go kart eating belts. I had everything rust free and in perfect condition and still my...
  8. TankforGod3

Old style head on new style engine?

Aight bros After poppin off the valve cover on my hemi predator and seeing the rocker arms on it I was kind of sad that i couldn't find that style in 1.3:1. I wondered if the old style predator head would fit my engine, or even a smaller gx series head, but I read somewhere that the old style...
  9. TankforGod3

better racing clutches????

I was working on my truck today and I got to thinking what clutch setup would be better for racing the TAV or a good centrifugal clutch. I talked about it with some friends and they seem to have some major disagreements. I'm neutral on the topic but one side says the centrifugal clutch because...
  10. TankforGod3

Stock timing for the predator

K guys after some working and building my clutches to work properly I was sitting around thinking about performance upgrades that could be cheaply done. as of right now I have Rlv header .035" main jet K&N air filter Soon to have 1.3:3 rocker arms gx140 E-Tube My predator is the hemi model...
  11. TankforGod3

Custom clutch system

Okay I sat and thought out a clutch system to replace a torque a verter it consists of basic things but I wonder if you guys think it will work.
  12. TankforGod3

comet 30 series eating belts for dinner

ok I have a manco go kart with predator engine with a header, air filter, and .035" main jet and it eats belts. I don't think the engine is too powerful however I might be wrong but I want to know why it tears through belts. I just put a brand new kevlar belt on it and aligned the clutches. the...
  13. TankforGod3

no governor high rpms

If I remove my governor would I rev higher I currently have a comet 30 series with the 7" rear pulley a 9 tooth drive sprocket and a 60 tooth axle sprocket and I have 16in tall rear tires I can burn the tires and get up to about 30-35mph but I want to go faster so would removing the governor...
  14. TankforGod3

which cam is best for the predator

I have a 212 predator for my go kart its a smaller frame but it has a roll cage on it. The frame is a manco 486 pheonix eagle 2 lxt. I'm looking to up the performance on it i have an air filter .035" main jet and an rlv header but i don't know if I should get a CL-1 cam or a BSP-3 racing cam. I...