Search results

1. B

Non-hemi best performance for daily driver?

What's the best parts to put on a 69727 non hemi 212cc with the rtc-9 head? I ride a 2-speed auto motorized bike that currently tops out around 55mph. The engine currently has a 19mm slide carb, 4* adv timing, removed governor, removed fan and shroud and set up as a rope start, and now has a...
  2. B

Strongest engine for supercharging?

What's the strongest engine for use with forced induction? around 200cc and less. ie.. Can a smaller GX160 handle more compression than a bigger 200? What about flatheads? I would like to smog pump supercharge an engine for my next project and am wondering what motor to start with. I'll...
  3. B

BUYER BEWARE eBay vendor wholesaleminis/50Cal/scooterx.biz

Ordered a Max Torque clutch, 5/8" bore 10t #41 chain. Got a clutch with such specs, except it's a china knockoff. It is all black, instead of having a keyway slot it has an imprecise cast-in key, and no set screws anywhere. Also, there does not appear to be a bronze bushing in the middle as a...
  4. B

Briggs 93400 vs 91200 crankshaft flywheel taper same?

My 3.5hp 91232 has a bad flywheel side bearing. The runout is like .020" or more. I can't adjust the magneto gap because the flywheel literally sticks to it when I turn it. There is this 93400 Shortblock I can buy to swap the parts off my 91200 to. The crank on mine ends at the flywheel threads...
  5. B

Motorized Bike with Briggs 3.5hp and TAV2 knockoff - need help

Hello, I've just finished this bike build. You can see the build thread here: (won't let me post the link to a popular engine kit forum.. username beginner01... weak....) Funny thing is, most times I search on google for an engine/driveline answer, I end up lurking here. :thumbsup...
  6. B

Bike guy stealin' ideas!

Hello, I've been reading threads here found from google searches when the motorized bike forums never gave me the answers I needed... finally signed up. Thank you for this forum!! It's already helped me a lot, and I hope to give back what I can. CNC lathe guy by trade, engr student in the...