BUYER BEWARE eBay vendor wholesaleminis/50Cal/scooterx.biz

Ordered a Max Torque clutch, 5/8" bore 10t #41 chain. Got a clutch with such specs, except it's a china knockoff.

It is all black, instead of having a keyway slot it has an imprecise cast-in key, and no set screws anywhere. Also, there does not appear to be a bronze bushing in the middle as a bearing.

The worst part is the damn bore is oversize.

My 3/4" MT clutches measure at .7515" for the smooth slip fits. This one should measure .6255-.627, right? NO. .6315. Lots of slop. Combined with the integrated key and no set screw, there is lots of play and movement. I think this is a clutch made for a keyed 16mm shaft, which is .630" OD.

Called the seller, was told to send pictures and that they would call back immediately. Did so right away, with photos of my measurements. Waited over an hour and called back. Did not receive a response to the email.
Spoke with a man named Zak. Told him the problem. After he claimed that their description was correct and I was at fault, he said "Either do what you gotta do to make it work, or send it back for a refund and we'll charge you the restocking fee". He did not know what the restocking fee was when asked.

So, I just dumped $27 on this piece of crap, now I have to spend another $5 to send it back (with no return shipping reimbursement) only to find that their restocking fee is $20, or whatever they say it is? Sounds like a great deal, send the wrong item, make those idiot customers pay the return shipment, then charge an undisclosed restocking fee.

Opening an eBay claim. I have NEVER had a problem like this with a seller claiming that they did everything right, when they clearly did not. I've had problems before, but they were always resolved with a quick phone call and the seller always got a positive feedback from me.

The ad:
50cal 41 Clutch Chain for Mini Bike Go Kart 5 8" Bore 10 Tooth Max Torque USA | eBay

Clutch key and no set screws

Clutch bore .005" bigger than it should be

Junk I paid $27 for on the left, real Max Torque clutch on the right

What are the odds lol I bought two 5/8 #41 chain 10 tooth clutches from that seller on aug 4th. I havnt even checked to see how they fit or anything and now Im kinda worried. I will check them out tomorrow morning. I noticed it had no set screw which I though was weird and the cast in key is something I never saw before. I will reply back right after I try to fit them on the shaft of a 3hp tecumseh I have and a 5/8 jackshaft I need to used the other one on.

I didnt leave him feedback yet either so if they fit like shit then hes getting negative feedback but either way I will make them work.

Last edited:

george3

It wont fit. Its metric like Baja 2,8 engine. his ad is false if it reads 5/8. Open a dispute and tell them that you want your full amount back with shipping and a pre paid return shipping label. You will get it.

MikeBear

File a "significantly NOT as described" claim with Ebay or Paypal, and explain that it's a Chinese CLONE. Be ready to provide good photo's proving the point. I just did this a month ago on a Chinese clone power supply brick that was sent to me, when they said it was an OEM supply. It was BS, and sellers that get away with this just get bolder with time, and scam even more people.

I highly suggest you NOT leave negative feedback BEFORE you get the refund!

Last edited:

george3

You notice the seller has no front pic of the clutch. If he did he wouldnt sell any. Front view dead giveaway for cheap china crap.

What are the odds lol I bought two 5/8 #41 chain 10 tooth clutches from that seller on aug 4th. I havnt even checked to see how they fit or anything and now Im kinda worried. I will check them out tomorrow morning. I noticed it had no set screw which I though was weird and the cast in key is something I never saw before. I will reply back right after I try to fit them on the shaft of a 3hp tecumseh I have and a 5/8 jackshaft I need to used the other one on.

I didnt leave him feedback yet either so if they fit like shit then hes getting negative feedback but either way I will make them work.
So these clutches that you are "going to make work" will be on the bikes you said were going to sell on Ebay next month? Can you at least let us know ahead of time so we don't bid...lol

This is right from their ebay auction under the "Return exchanges"

We accept returns on all un-used items, items must be returned within 14 days of delivery date (We offer extended holiday return times) If for some reason you cannot get the item back to us in 14 days because you are just too busy, DONT WORRY, we will still take it back as long as the item has not been used and its been returned within a reasonable.
- If you ordered the wrong item and do not want to exchange, You pay shipping both ways.
- If you ordered the wrong item and want an exchange, you pay return shipping only
- If you no longer want the item just because, You pay shipping both ways.
- If we made a mistake and sent the incorrect item, We will gladly pay all shipping costs.

If there is any problem what so ever with your purchase please contact us before leaving feedback. We will be happy to take care of the issue. We dont make a living upsetting people, we make a living gaining happy customers!

They made the mistake. They should have covered all shipping costs. Nowhere in the auction does it say you will need to pay restocking fees. File a claim and make sure you let ebay know.

So these clutches that you are "going to make work" will be on the bikes you said were going to sell on Ebay next month? Can you at least let us know ahead of time so we don't bid...lol
LOL I dont give a fuc k if your bitc h ass bids on the 3 arctic cat whiskers, honda z50 or any of the bikes Im putting on ebay. They will sell regardless.

To everybody whining about not buying from OldMiniBikes its a fuc king clutch, stfu and worry about your own minibikes.

I dont care about being banned lol. Ive spent a few hundred with OldMiniBikes in the last 30 days and I have a lot more parts I need but I definitely wont be buying them from OldMiniBikes because of all the shit talking retards on this site. Hent should put you fools in your place. You guys just cost OldMiniBikes money so a loss for OldMiniBikes, not me.