Search results

1. F

Predator 212... still not working right

The engine is around 8 months old, but I bought it with the bike, from the previous owner, around 2 months ago. Therefore I don't have the receipt... and I don't have a way to return it... For now I'm going to try what gumpit said, as it sounds way more logical than what I was trying to do
  2. F

Predator 212... still not working right

First of all, thank you to all the people who have taken their time to help me, I've put up 4 or so of these posts so far because I honestly cannot figure out what's wrong with my engine. So if you've followed my posts, or tried to help me, so far this is what has happened. -...
  3. F

Predator 212 almost working!

I'll try to make a video tomorrow, I tried spraying the clutch with WD-40 but it didn't really help. I'm going to take it off (which I probably should've done in the first place) then lube and put it back on.
  4. F

Yeah actually the clutch is making a grinding sound, what should I use for lube? It might sound stupid but can I just use WD-40 or should I use something else?
  5. F

Hi everyone! I've posted a couple threads about my minibike and how the engine on it isn't exactly functioning right, but I got it to work... sort of. So my process. I enable the choke, turn on the fuel, turn the engine switch on, hold the brake, and pull the starter. It starts on the first...
  6. F

Predator 212 won't stay running...

Yes I did take the carb off to get to the fuel line better, but I put everything back where it was, so I just have to try turning in the idle screw now!
  7. F

Ohhh, I do remember messing with that! How far do I turn it in?
  8. F

It has been parked for a month or so but the engine was disassembled during that time, so it could be that. It could be carb related, but I wouldn't know where to start with that. Where's the idle screw? Could you take a picture or draw a diagram or something? Is it the screw...
  9. F

Right now, I can pull the starter, then I have to give it throttle to keep it alive. If I let go of the throttle the engine will kill itself. If I release the choke, the bike starts moving BUT when you let go of the throttle, the engine should idle, but it doesn't. The engine just dies. Has...
  10. F

Predator 212cc won't start!!

The throttle stop screw isn't turned all the way out, so i'll fix that. And what do you mean by check if the plug is fouled? And of course I have fuel in it!
  11. F

Predator 212cc won't start!!

Hi everyone! I just took apart my Predator 212cc engine and removed the governor, then put it all back together. Then I replaced the throttle on my mini bike. Now, the engine won't start! I currently have the throttle wire leading to the throttle arm, which I still have connected...
  12. F

Predator 212cc Governor Help!!!

Hi everyone! I have a Baja Warrior with a Predator 212cc engine. I currently have it all taken apart to repaint, and I decided to remove the governor while I was at it. (And don't worry, I already ordered a new flywheel and rod.) I took apart the engine two days ago, and every since I've been...