Predator 212 won't stay running...

Right now, I can pull the starter, then I have to give it throttle to keep it alive.
If I let go of the throttle the engine will kill itself.
If I release the choke, the bike starts moving BUT when you let go of the throttle, the engine should idle, but it doesn't. The engine just dies.

Has anyone else had this problem? I have no idea what it could be. I checked my throttle setup over and over but I just can't find out what's wrong!!

I had this problem too. Is it a new engine? Mine was new so I took it back and got a new one that is the only thing I can suggest is take it back if it's new

It has been parked for a month or so but the engine was disassembled during that time, so it could be that. It could be carb related, but I wouldn't know where to start with that.

Where's the idle screw? Could you take a picture or draw a diagram or something? Is it the screw right near the throttle with the spring on top of it? Thanks!

May be a couple of rounds in...to see if it helps it idle. When the bike was parked and the engine disassembled, did you take the carb off ?

Last edited:
Yes I did take the carb off to get to the fuel line better, but I put everything back where it was, so I just have to try turning in the idle screw now!