Search results

1. 1camper

Honda gx 340 fast idle

I've got one of these on a pressure washer that has lots of hours on it. I replaced the carb and the gaskets between the air filter housing and the carb and it didn't change the fast idle. I cut the throttle down and it still runs pretty fast. Wide open under a load it seems OK but take the...
  2. 1camper

Suzuki 50, what do you think?

Ya, he appears to, he told me he had a hard time starting it but it eventually started. Seems rather unlikely to me but I can't say for sure that it didn't start. The bike appears to have some compression and good spark so maybe. He said he was a submariner and that will usually get you the...
  3. 1camper

What do the Briggs pros think

Work boat motors could mean a lot of things, not necessarily to power the boat. Probably have a lot of salt exposure around here. .still, if running seems like a deal.
  4. 1camper

I think I have to proceed under that assumption. That bums me out a little but maybe its better to just build it back and know its right. If I keep this one, I'll be using it as a trail bike and want it to be dependable. ..on the plus side, I love the size and weight of this little bike...
  5. 1camper

No test ride. The seller did that in his truck on the way over. Strike one. The bike would start as the seller claimed. Strike two. I get it home and look and the carb and stuff. Pulled the plug and found this: Strike three? I didn't see any impact to the piston or the plug...
  6. 1camper

Well that might be the plan. I got it! $325, but look what this moron did to it in the 5 min ride over!!
  7. 1camper

Got the run around from this seller today. Now it looks like Saturday before I get to see it. :(
  8. 1camper

Yeah...that is the primary concern and why I don't want to hang on to it.. It is supposed to be complete and running. I hope to shine it up, tune it up and pass it on. Thanks for the replies. If I get this one, I'll start a project thread and try to get one under my belt. Currently I have...
  9. 1camper

Is there a preferable type oil to use in those resevoir type systems?
  10. 1camper

1970 MT50, at least thats what I think. Looking at all the projects around here has got me excited to try this one.
  11. 1camper

Yep, thats what I was hoping to just clean it up and use it or sell it and look for one with that low gear. I always liked those bikes! I've been practicing with a soda blaster lately on different surfaces. Its great media for just cleaning stuff up. works great on chome!
  12. 1camper

Maybe just take it apart? lol. I cant believe those prices!!
  13. 1camper

Hey docdc, does that bike have a real low gear?
  14. 1camper

hey thanks, thats great info...no clone parts huh? I guess they haven't gotten around to old suzukis yet, lol.
  15. 1camper

Here's the other side:
  16. 1camper

Looking for my first mini bike restore project, I'm scheduled to go look at this one tomorrow... do you think this could be too complicated a project for my first one? What headaches am I likely to run into? Seller says it runs but need going thru... looks like it was laid down at some...
  17. 1camper

The WTF picture thread

What is this guy doing standing on the roof of his car you may be wondering, ... he's painting it.
  18. 1camper

New here from Virginia Beach

In reading the before and after thread I discovered the bike I liked was done here by jeep2003, nice work! So many great rebuilds..