Search results

1. packergene

looking fora 8" wheel & tire --- hoping for a 10" wheel & tire

Good day to all, Looking for a front wheel and tire for my project build. I have a 4.00" x 8" rear wheel, so a 3.00" x 8" front would be good, but would really like a 10" up front. Any help out there? Please let me know. I have paypal. Have a great day, Gene
  2. packergene

Loctite thread locker

Hi folks, Silly question but nessasary. Does any one know if loctite thread locker works for stainless steel bolts and nuts? Looked on their web site and I couldn't find anything about stainless. I'm going to assume it would be fine, but just want to be sure. Thanks for experience
  3. packergene

3.5 HP briggs & stratton opinion please

Picked up a 3.5 hp briggs today and was wondering if this is a ok motor for a mini bike? 3/4" dia. shaft x 2 1/4 long. New to the hobby, needed to ask people who know. Thanks. Engine ID.. MODEL 91202 TYPE 1016 E1 CODE 9806 10FA Oh I forgot to say it...
  4. packergene

need to reduce pics

hello, I got a message stating i'm over my limit on pictures. how do I delete the old ones off ?///??? Ive figured how to delete the private messages, but not how to get rid of pictures that take up a lot of mb's
  5. packergene

Give me a freakin break! no pun intended

:smile::smile: Quick question please... If I order the #kit_412bbdklc-d deluxe 4 1/2 band brake drum kit, will the kit have everything needed to install to my 212cc predator? I see a centrifugal clutch band brake kit #kit_clutchbrkkit That has what I think is all the parts to mount the break...
  6. packergene

looking to buy 10" front wheel (paypal)

In search of a 10" wheel for my build. please let me know. Thanks
  7. packergene

Front tire choice help appreciated

Hello all, I'll make this short and sweet. I have a KENDA 4.00 - 8 tire, mounted on a 8 x 3.75 wheel as my rear wheel that I am more than happy with. I was wondering if you guys could give your opinions / suggestions on what would be cool on the front. I'm having a little problem digesting all...
  8. packergene

march 30 progress

Hello all, fabricated the triple trees, and the fork ends, Just tacked, no welding yet. One question please... How much space if any, should the triple tree plates have between the head tube?? The over all length including bearings? (I'm using the roller bearing with the lock rings so they will...
  9. packergene

todays progressHello

Hello all, Thought I'd show my progress for today. Probably the hardest thing to this point getting the head tube square and straight, but I got it I believe. No welding yet, I will wait till everything is just right. One question while were at it... I see some front forks with the fork end...
  10. packergene

Need wheels/tires & everything else.

Well my thought was to find used parts I need for my build by hitting the flea markets and such, but to my surprise I can't seem to find anything remotely close. So I thought I'd try here before I hit eBay. I am building from scratch, and have built the frame with forks and almost done. I also...
  11. packergene

My savage clone

Hello all, today's progress on my savage clone. Thanks to OND
  12. packergene

Front head tube question please

Hello all, Building my own MB frame and would like some info on the head tube? Could any one school me on what's all involved? Basically, what is the anatomy of a basic head tube? I assume connecting the forks to the main frame with nothing more than a bolt is not a good choice? Appreciate...
  13. packergene

Govenor?

Ok, lots read and learned on how to remove the govenor, but nothing on what it's doing there in the first place, and why we don't want it . Any explanations ? I just bought the HF 212cc Thanks guys
  14. packergene

first timer here.

Hello all, My name is Gene from the Chicago-land area. I am planning to build my own mini bike, and looks like this is a great place to start. I will be needing to ask a lot of questions, and hope you won't mind me picking your brains. I plan on custom building from scratch. I am a...