Search results

1. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

I went on a 8 mile trip there and back and engine runs phenomenal I notice the intake tube getting warm to the touch but no I’ll effects. I still need a boost gauge but it’s a complete success in my book. When this small 4hp is at WOT i swear it’s going to explode though and the bwaaaaaaaa when...
  2. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

The boost gauge broke the very second I started this engine the first time. Rpm is definitely up there as I let off just before I think the whole block is about to let go. Top speed is not tested yet.
  3. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

It works so well in fact it blows my mind I can’t just buy it in a kit...
  4. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

That fixed it! 90 main and WOW very powerful engine I took my first trip around the block and Ohhhhh it works. You can hear the pump it’s so loud.
  5. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

The pressure relief valve is in the exhaust chamber directly before the pump outlet port to the engines intake. It’s been plugged off entirely with jb weld and is not a problem anymore.
  6. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

I’m setting in the chair pondering as all great minds do.. and I look at the pump and think I sealed it up then it hit me.. I did not seal the diverter valve. I walked up to it and looked and it was soaked in wet oil fuel.. Then I noticed the back rail covered in a fuel oil mix just blowing out...
  7. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

I have like ten neighbors now and there the real proper type. I know everyone around here already hates the noise but no one‘s confronted me yet. Further testing will have to wait for daylight.
  8. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

1963 I’m not sure but I’m going to guess yes. It does start very very easy and the idle is STRONG. I was on a hill floored and the clutch was just slipping. Reached back and pulled the choke and it dumped fuel and pushed me up the incline I was on.
  9. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

It will rev up very healthy with no load. Stick the chain on and it’s like it flips a 2700rpm gov switch.. I even stuck a stiffer exhaust valve spring on the intake valve. I have not touched the needle clip. I’m going to re-install the 90 main like in my 319cc kohlers and try the needle...
  10. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

This engine after setting for a couple days or a few hours will start second pull with choke and idle all day. Idle circuit is correct. It acts like a predator 212 governed to 2700rpms it will rev up but just before the clutch locks it just hangs there. I have tried a 75-90-130 main and zero...
  11. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

The bolt buckets provide. Found the coolest little fitting and it was easy to drill and tap into the intake. Little junk piece of line and the boost gauge is ready to go. I am actually gonna get to see if it’s making boost.
  12. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

It takes throttle fine it’s very snappy and it holds rpms fine no need to blip the throttle. Just the return part is a bit scary and I‘m mounting it to the left side of the kart next to the other red one. I’m gonna grab a tap and fitting later.
  13. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

I went back out and again engine fired right up and it runs just like a normal one. I mixed a few drops of oil into the gas so the vane bearings have something washing over them. All that’s left is to add a boost gauge and see if it’s making any.
  14. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

This engine runs so well I just put some fuel in the tank and it started right up. Idles and revs our very smooth I actually didn’t think I’d get this far. Two problems the slide does get held up the MOMENT you crack it open with the cable. And the overflow drips so I have to lower the float in...
  15. Thepaetsguy

Hillarious ad on Craigslist

They said if I wanted it back I could come get it for $800.. I’m super happy they did fix a lot of stuff wrong with it and make it kind of presentable. The noise that came out of the stinger exhaust on that 400cc rockwell twin at WOT made a noise that touched my soul.
  16. Thepaetsguy

Hillarious ad on Craigslist

(our welder was having an off day) Oh you have no idea
  17. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

When the smog pump let’s go I have a starter generator and it’s bracket from a cub tractor. 5hp electric start that turns itself into a big generator would be perfect for a gokart with lights. I’m thinking it could mount the same exact way.
  18. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

I got everything buttoned up BUT did not put fuel in the tank yet. Just sprayed some starter fluid in the carb engine started on the second pull and idled perfectly. Now I’m gonna move on to just filling the float bowl with fuel so there isn’t to much gas in the mix and once it runs for a bit...
  19. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

@Minimichael Sorry I never got pictures of that tank but I ended up using it actually. @sparkwizard Thanks for reminding me I had this! Was a bit tough to find after the move.
  20. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

Even if it doesn’t produce boost I just hope it is easy enough to start and reliable enough. It was fun figuring it all out! Caveman simplicity but no simpler!!