1/3 scale John Deere tractor , anything goes class

Picked up some parts after work , a trailer fender to fab the hood , 5/8 bolts for the front hubs , some tie rod ends , bronze bushings ,5/8 and 1" hubs , welding wire etc.
It may not seem like much but I bet I have $300 into it already lol

Then spent a couple of hours fabbing up the hood and grill

The fender ,angled at both ends

The angle was wrong for the front so I cut it of and used a piece of 1" pipe to join then

The fender was 9" wide and just too @$@% big so I sectioned it by 2" and welded it back together

It looks much better , but needs to be lowered by 2"-3" , it also will need to have the centre ridge added and grill cut out

Thanks guys

I spent a long day in the shop working on the hood and grill

It may seem strange to build the hood and grill before the rest of the frame , axle and steering but in this type of build a lot of the components have to fit within the confines of the metal work

The grill is starting to take shape and the centre bump on the hood

Still need to cut out and weld on the side panels

Got the hood just about done , just need to weld up the radius corners

The grill vanes welded in place

Got the recessed side panels done

Left front profile of full size

Left front profile on mine

Not an exact match , but close enough for me with the available materials

Last edited:
Very nice work but your work is always just great so while impressed I'm not surprised to see you start yet another awesome build. I love small tractors and have seen some great scaled down tractors at farm and tractor shows that looked like the original just as yours will and have stood in amazement at the craftsmanship. I saw a really old International Cub that looked like a salesman's sample it was so true to the original, I can only imagine the builder had access to some high tech machines to be able to pull off such an accurate miniature. Keep up the good work Rob!

Thanks guy , I really enjoy creating stuff that makes people stop and stare
I had the little Allis Chalmers to an antique farm show last summer and most people thought I bought it or it was from a model kit l
Some of the really old farmer types 80+ got down on the ground for a closer look
The other thing about my builds is that I have never actualy looked at one of these in person
They are built 100% from pictures and imagination